"More than Robert Burns" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr by Sjalen
Ayr Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 258 photos
When people go on holiday to Scotland they go to Edinburgh, Inverness, Iona and Skye and why not - all great places, but it surprises me that Ayrshire isn't "discovered" at all apart from amongst Robert Burns fans since this is where he was born. I myself had not really heard of this part of Scotland until I had a few spare days before going to Edinburgh once. As my plane from Sweden landed in Glasgow and that looked too grey for my friend and me, we quickly decided that something else was needed and found the guidebook which mentioned "Burn's birth place and a nice coastline" or something along those lines. We decided to give it a try and I am so glad we did. I hope to come back here too as I now have a friend in nearby Troon to visit.
- Pros:long beach, scenic
- Cons:not on the way to your main attractions
- In a nutshell:Relaxing but fun
I recommend this place not for being the best pub in Britain or anything, in fact it can be full of Burns tourists. No,... more travel advice
The castle is a must if you are a Kennedy, since it belonged to them. It is not in Ayr but near enough for you to go... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Ayr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AYR & AYRSHIRE"
- "Ayr, Scotland"
- "on the road again"
- "More than Robert Burns"
- "Exploring Ayrshire in Scotland"
- "Beach Life Scottish Style"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayr
- Hotels in Ayr
- Transportation in Ayr
- Nightlife in Ayr
- Restaurants in Ayr
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayr
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Ayr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayr
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues