"Wensleydale waterfalls" Aysgarth by Sjalen
Aysgarth Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos
Aysgarth was a village I had wanted to visit ever since I passed by on a bus a decade earlier. When I finally got the chance, the village had quietened down from what I remembered but its sights did not disappoint. I just wish the buses were more frequent :) Then again I am glad I came by bus and not by car as then I would have driven to the National Park centre and completely missed the smell of cows and the grand photo opportunities that comes with this area. No matter in what direction you look, it is scenic in this "clearing amongst the oaks" which is what the Old Norse place name means (would equal Eksgärde in Swedish today).
Mostly famous for its three waterfalls down the river Ure, where even Kevin Costner came to shoot fighting scenes for Robin Hood, Aysgarth is certainly worth a stop even if it is less good as a holiday base since it lacks shops - unless you eat out all the time of course.
- Cons:no village shop, few buses
- In a nutshell:Quiet apart from the water
A lovely, no gorgeous, village at the Aysgarth end of scenic Bishopdale, West Burton charms all its visitors with its... more travel advice
Well yes, public transport does exist. Just make sure you plan your day and don't miss the last bus...oh, and be... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Aysgarth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aysgarth Falls"
- "Wensleydale waterfalls"
- "Thundering Waters"
- "Oz goes to Aysgarth Falls"
- "Nice Falls and Church"
- "Where Robin Hood cam to Yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aysgarth
- Hotels in Aysgarth
- Transportation in Aysgarth
- Restaurants in Aysgarth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aysgarth
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Aysgarth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aysgarth
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues