"Often overlooked cultural hit" Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford by Sjalen
Bradford Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 154 photos
If you talk to people in England, most people think of Bradford as an industrial city and one of the English centres for Asian immigrants and therfore full of riots. This is all well and true, but the riots are very infrequent and there is so much meriting a visit. The mix of UK and Asia and the old industrial site of Saltaire which has become a World Heritage Site makes this one of my favourite cities in England. Add to that the National Museum for Film and Photo, and the closeness to Haworth, home of the Bronte sisters, and you can't go wrong visiting Bradford. I just wish I had more photos to add to this page.
- Pros:cultural mix, great food
- Cons:racial riots
- In a nutshell:East meets West on the moors
It feels wrong to tick "Indian" in VT's selection when this is in fact a Pakistani restaurant and what a restaurant! The... more travel advice
This shop is enormous and has anything Indian. Saris, shoes, cloth, candle sticks, bangra tapes...you name it! more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Bradford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Couple of Continents Combined in One Place"
- "Some highs and many lows!"
- "Often overlooked cultural hit"
- "Bradford Uni"
- "Bradford, UK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bradford
- Hotels in Bradford
- Transportation in Bradford
- Nightlife in Bradford
- Restaurants in Bradford
- Shopping in Bradford
- Warnings and Dangers in Bradford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bradford
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Bradford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bradford
Photos in BradfordSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues