"Mountains and food" Top 5 Page for this destination Black Forest by Sjalen
Black Forest Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 262 photos
Schwarzwald - the Black Forest - lies in the south western corner of Germany which is already special. It is the sunniest corner of Germany (so below the forest the vineyards go on and on) and it used to belong to Austria which makes the inhabitants a little bit different to the average German. Especially when you consider that it is also very close to both France (Alsace) and Switzerland (Basel). The forest itself is gorgeous, Not just a forest but a mountain range. Even though they aren't that high, some of the peaks can offer views of the Alps on a clear day and wherever you go there are other good views, friendly people and great food. This is definately one of my European top destinations.
- Pros:Gorgeous scenery, great food
- Cons:You often need a car
- In a nutshell:For food loving photographers
The locals know what good food is. Try the Black Forest gateau and you won't want it anywhere else! Maybe not WITH beer... more travel advice
If you have never been to the area before (and especially if you don't have a car) I recommend that you stay in Freiburg... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Black Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Black Forest"
- "Schwarzwald - Forêt Noire - Black Forest"
- "The Black Forest Region"
- "Black Forest, Home of Cuckoo Clocks"
- "Mountains and food"
- "Check out the cuckoo clocks - and the scenery"
- "Black Forest and Snow!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Black Forest
- Hotels in Black Forest
- Transportation in Black Forest
- Restaurants in Black Forest
- Shopping in Black Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in Black Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Black Forest
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Black Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black Forest
Photos in Black ForestSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues