"Green and wealthy London" Hampstead by Sjalen
Hampstead Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 194 photos
Hampstead is a fantastic part of London. Best known for its huge Hampstead Heath with its lakes and viewpoints, the centre around its High Street is also worth seeing. Quite a big chunk of north London, this is where plenty of affluent people live and Bishop Avenue on the fringe of the heath is supposedly London's most expensive address - forget Kensington!
But despite the wealth here, it is a very relaxed area once you leave the most expensive parts, and I love strolling around just looking at cosy townhouses and exploring new cafes. High Street has plenty of shopping and restaurant life and it is easy to get here from the rest of London so there is no excuse for you to go checking it out next time you're in town - I know I will, as I keep returning on every London visit and was priviliged enough to live not too far away once. Besides, one of my absolute favourite London pubs can be found here - a reason as good as any for a visit :)
- Pros:green, spacious, easy to reach, cosy, intellectual
- Cons:hideously expensive :(
- In a nutshell:London's green lung
One of my absolute favourite London pubs, no one of my favourite pubs. Period. One of London's oldest inns from 1584... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Hampstead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So close and yet so far..."
- "My favourite London village - Hampstead"
- "Hilly Hampstead"
- "The Heath and a whole lot more."
- "A place to do your celeb spotting"
- "Green and wealthy London"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hampstead
- Hotels in Hampstead
- Transportation in Hampstead
- Nightlife in Hampstead
- Restaurants in Hampstead
- Shopping in Hampstead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hampstead
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Hampstead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hampstead
Photos in HampsteadSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues