"London village" Highgate by Sjalen
Highgate Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 39 photos
Highgate is one of those places I wish all London tourists would bother to explore. The tourists who DO find their way here do so for the famous cemetary but it is so nice to just stroll around the village itself. Yes, it's still called Highgate village, despite being amalgamated with London for the last 200 years. An area with the highest points in London, you often find youself looking out at the city below you feet. I lived not far away during my year in London and these days I'm sad that I spent far too little time here. Today, I wish I lived here, but it is one of the most expensive areas of London...
- Pros:Suburban green - yet London fun
- Cons:hilly, too expensive for me to live in
- In a nutshell:Quintessential London
Highgate is quite an intellectual part of London, with lots of actors and actresses, authors and others living here.... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Highgate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Highgate - an English village in London"
- "Highgate Village"
- "London village"
- "A Walk from Hampstead to Highgate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Highgate
- Transportation in Highgate
- Restaurants in Highgate
- Shopping in Highgate
- Warnings and Dangers in Highgate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highgate
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Highgate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highgate
Photos in HighgateSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues