"Underrated Yorkshire destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Knaresborough by Sjalen
Knaresborough Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 122 photos
Along the less dramatic part of the river Nidd, this does by no means mean dull as the river is very much a part of the townscape.
"Chednaresburgh" as it was first known, is a lovely little town with an upper part along the cliffs high above the Nidd which gives dramatic views across to the forest on the other side. Down by the river, you will find riverside walks, boats to rent and a generally nice atmosphere. Nowhere in Yorkshire have people greeted me in the street as much as in Knaresborough and they make you feel welcome. At the same time, people can comment that they have seen you in "this and that café" so you know that the locals keep an eye on any newcomer :-))) This goes hand in hand with the fact that Knaresborough has one of Yorkshire's fiercest EU resistance parties. They like it local and want to keep an eye on who you are. As long as you can stand that, you will like it in this friendly town with things to see.
- Pros:friendly, scenic
- Cons:the locals know your every move :-)))
- In a nutshell:Hidden gem in Yorkshire
I just love hopping off the bus at the Market Place and then walk downhill to the river via lots of wonderful cottages I... more travel advice
What you see today is from the 14th century, although a castle was first built after the Norman conquest. That you see... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Knaresborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not just Mother Shipton"
- "On the way to Yorkshire Dales"
- "Beauty in the eye of the beholder"
- "Underrated Yorkshire destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Knaresborough
- Transportation in Knaresborough
- Restaurants in Knaresborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Knaresborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knaresborough
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Knaresborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knaresborough
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues