"Lulworth Cove" West Lulworth by Sjalen
West Lulworth Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 57 photos
Along the spectacular Jurassic Coast you find the pretty village of Lulworth, strictly speaking divided into East and West and with its famous cove as a horseshoe once you reach the sea. The picture here is taken from the coastal footpath from Durdle Door to Lulworth itself, but if you drive here you will first reach the more inland part of the village with pretty thatched cottages, a village pub and really quaint scenery. I imagine the country road here being quite thick with cars summertime since the road is also full of Bed and Breakfasts until you reach the cove so if you can, visit it off season.
Once you reach the cove, the whole thing is less pretty because of a huge car park by the visitors centre and to us it felt rather artificial, having just left the relative solitude at Durdle Door and found ourselves in something more like Windermere, but we still enjoyed the hours we spent here and we learnt a lot about the Jurassic Coast which was the main thing.
- Cons:touristy, poor public transport
- In a nutshell:Quaint village with a fascinating coastline
Dorset has a coast path, and even the non fit can cope with the stunning walk between Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove. It... more travel advice
Sit down for a cup of tea at the beach café and enjoy the views across the cove and study people walking on the beach... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
West Lulworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lulworth Cove: a slice of time"
- "Lulworth Cove"
- "West Lulworth & Lulworth Cove"
- "Lulworth Where Pirates and Dinosaures Used to Roam"
- "Lulworth Cove: a case study of geology in action!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Lulworth
- Hotels in West Lulworth
- Transportation in West Lulworth
- Restaurants in West Lulworth
- Warnings and Dangers in West Lulworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Lulworth
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to West Lulworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Lulworth
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues