"Wilt(on)shire" Wilton by Sjalen

Wilton Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 18 photos

Wilton is included in all Salisbury brochures for its famous Wilton House and its carpets, but we thought of it as a place to see "if we get the time". In the end, we were so tired having spent the previous days walking around Stonehenge and Avebury, that we said "let's stay close to home" and that meant Wilton which we had also seen had an adventure playground - perfect since we had bad conscience for dragging our daughter through stones and cathedrals :)))

I cannot begin to say how glad I am that we decided on Wilton!!! The town which gave the entire Wiltshire its name is these days almost just a suburb of Salisbury but there is so much to see still. Wilton House is a definate "must" for any art- or garden lover with its world paintings and gardens. Then there is the town itself and the shopping village full of bargains. This is a full day out, no doubt about it. What is nice is that you will enjoy it whatever your age and I will stop here before I start to sound like a tourist brochure myself!

• Pros:lots to see and buy, tranquil apart from when helicopters pass by
  • Cons:Decisions on where to spend most of your time :)))
  • In a nutshell:A most surprising day out
  • Last visit to Wilton: Apr 2007
  • Intro Written Apr 24, 2007

Comments

Sjalen

“Use your brain - go by train”

Badges & Stats in Wilton