"Summer or winter - anything goes!" Åre by Sjalen
Åre Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 34 photos
I cannot think of another Swedish place that has it ALL the way Åre does. In winter, it is a bustling ski resort, hosting World Cup downhill and other events (2007 World Championships) as well as playing host to loads of Stockholmers and others wanting to show off on the slopes. In summer, it has a different atmosphere altogether, as half the ski villages are closed and the village is calm and full of people enjoying a climb up the majestic Åreskutan or walks in the surroundings. The snowmobile tracks on the lake are gone and it is now glittering invitingly to motor boats, whilst on Renfjället above, reindeer go grazing, escaping the worst of mosquito pestering further down on the fell. Come here whatever the season and whatever your preference, and experience a place full of natural beauty, friendliness and good highland food.
- Pros:scenic, friendly, activities galore
- Cons:over-priced in winter
- In a nutshell:Buy a hotel here and live well...
This is certainly the smallest church I have been in and it is marvellous. Decorated in Jämtland style and with a belfry... more travel advice
Paragliding is a popular thing in summer. At the cable car station on Åreskutan is a cabin for the gliders who throw... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Åre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Åre - Under Construction"
- "Summer or winter - anything goes!"
- "Å r e"
- "Spring holidays in Åre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Åre
- Hotels in Åre
- Transportation in Åre
- Restaurants in Åre
- Shopping in Åre
- Warnings and Dangers in Åre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Åre
- 22 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Åre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Åre
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues