"Mansions and lakes" Katrineholm by Sjalen
Katrineholm Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 72 photos
Katrineholm is primarily known for being where the Swedish PM Goeran Persson kicked-off his career as the town mayor before becoming national. As a town, it is quite boring as it is small but without any of the prettyness of wooden towns of similar size. However, it makes up for this by some lovely rural countryside full of mansions and lakes. It is in the middle of a county full of farms and mansions where the locals deliver produce (or offer weekend breaks) to nearby Stockholm which is also easy to reach by train. The ice age has left its traces in the landscape so that often you find glacial valleys with farms in and surrounded by forests. Add the lakes to this and you get excellent canoeing and horse trekking landscape.
- Pros:relaxing countryside with lakes and mansions, high speed train stop
- Cons:town itself is boring
- In a nutshell:Canoeing mecca
Sjalen's Related Pages
Katrineholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "As swedish as it can get"
- "Mansions and lakes"
- "Vra, stoneage village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katrineholm
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Katrineholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katrineholm
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues