"Pippi Longstocking rules" Kneippbyn by Sjalen
Kneippbyn Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
Kneippbyn is one of Gotland's biggest tourist attractions and a popular place with families since it is a combination of amusement- and water park these days. Originally it was started as a park where locals could go dancing and then it grew and grew until what you see today. You find it just outside the village of Vibble so in fact I could just as well have made a Vibble page but Kneippbyn has become such a well-known brand that this is what people know.
Kneippbyn's most famous sight is the house where Pippi Longstocking was filmed and it still says "Villa Villerkulla" on the road signs rather than Kneippbyn. The house was moved here from the shooting range area just a few kilometres away once filming had stopped and the army wanted to demolish the house. Luckily, a local entrepreneur saw the business in keeping and moving it.
On this page I have also added tips about the famous Högklint cliff and Fridhem. This is because VT does not list the nearby village I would otherwise have added it under and it is not far from Kneippbyn to these scenic gems.
- Pros:fun for children, easy to reach, has its own accommodation
- Cons:weather dependent
- In a nutshell:Här kommer Pippi Långstrump!
At famous Fridhem (see accommodation), there is a little cafe down by the beach which is famous for its Swedish waffles.... more travel advice
Fridhem is famous for being a royal retreat as it was built in 1861-62 for the 19th century Princess Eugenie as a... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Kneippbyn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kneippbyn
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Kneippbyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kneippbyn
Photos in KneippbynSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues