"Castle and cosyness" Mariefred by Sjalen
Mariefred Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 214 photos
For many, many years I have wanted to go to Mariefred to see one of Sweden's most amazing castles, and this year we finally made it. I was not disappointed...
The pretty town of Mariefred itself is just next to the castle and easily explored by foot the same day, although the prettiness of the place can make you want to stay and explore other areas around the lake. It grew up in the shadow of the first fortress in the 14th century and especially when this was later made an abbey before the reformation - Pacis Mariae, Mariefred!
- Pros:picturesque, great castle, close to Stockholm
- Cons:poor public transport
- In a nutshell:A fabulous day out!
OK, so the weather in this picture isn't that inspiring, but as I am typing this, we have had 30 degrees C for days, and... more travel advice
The most romantic way to travel in Sweden :-) The s/s Mariefred is probably the ship that has trafficked the same... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Mariefred Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Mariefred"
- "Castle and cosyness"
- "Mariefred - Gripsholm"
- "Sweden's prettiest small town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mariefred
- Transportation in Mariefred
- Restaurants in Mariefred
- Shopping in Mariefred
- Warnings and Dangers in Mariefred
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mariefred
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Mariefred?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mariefred
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues