"Mölle By the Sea" Mölle by Sjalen
Mölle Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 12 photos
Say Mölle to a Swede and he will instantly reply "by the sea" and this phrase is also on Mölle's postcards. All because of a song by Povel Ramel, a much loved song-writer and entertainer who excels in the Swedish language. In his "Grass Widower's Blues", the wife has gone to Mölle by the sea. A title this wonderful Skåne village got in the early 20th century when people came here from all over northern Europe to swim.
Why they came? Because Mölle allowed men and women to swim together. How decadent :-))) There was even a train straight from Berlin to Mölle! Even the Kaiser came once...
Mölle today is a lot more quiet, although the Grand Hotel still overlooks the bay from its position on the cliff. Mölle is the place to go to if you want to visit the magical Kullaberg peninsula with its sea caves and sudden mists, as well as lush scenery and great seafood.
- Pros:scenic, lots to do for a little place
- Cons:few shops so bunker up...
- In a nutshell:Wonderful day out!
Mölle is full of fishing enthusiasts. If you want to try yourself, then check the page below. There are several others... more travel advice
If you want to see the entire peninsula from the seaside, there are boat tours from May to September from Mölle harbour.... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Mölle Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mölle
- Hotels in Mölle
- Transportation in Mölle
- Restaurants in Mölle
- Warnings and Dangers in Mölle
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mölle
- 16 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Mölle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mölle
Photos in MölleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues