"Sweden's Manchester gone wild!" Top 5 Page for this destination Norrköping by Sjalen

Norrköping Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 193 photos

I have passed Norrköping so many times on my way to my cottage but always on the train. The few times I've gone by car, we have made a break in the more picturesque Söderköping to the south. The only exceptions to this have been two visits to Kolmården Animal Park to the north of the city, as a child. So many times, we have said that we should take our daughter to Kolmården too since we are so close in summer, when we are at the outer inlet to Norrköping harbour in the next province! However, our own cliffs have been too comfortable. We simply had to take it "en route" instead and it took a popular Swedish childrens cartoon character's birthday celebrations to finally decide on this year. Thanks for getting me to Norrköping Bamse! :-) We based ourselves in the city so we could see more than just the animal park and what a delight it was. I could live here! But I guess I have always known that as I have already applied for jobs previously to be near the cottage and as I grew up in an area where a similar dialect is spoken (Västervik) so I've always felt at home in this province.

Norrköping is known for being Sweden's Manchester and although it has gone the same way as the real McCoy and no longer has many factories in action, the old industrial landscape has been kept and is absolutely fantastic. So good that it is a national heritage. Apart from that, most people of course come for Sweden's only dolphin show - come and have a look!

• Pros:friendly, green, archipelago
  • Cons:didn't find an Indian restaurant :-)))
  • In a nutshell:underestimated seaside and sights
  • Last visit to Norrköping: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 1, 2003

• Psife's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2003 at 5:52 AM

Håller på att försöka fixa ett ordentligt intro, måste bara fixa lite bilder. Ssen ska vi nog kunna flytta upp peking =)

• Anders100's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 7:19 PM

The Indian restaurant called New Delhi is lokated on Gamla Rådstugegatan close to the Oskar Fredriks bridge and Strömmen.

Sjalen

“Use your brain - go by train”

Badges & Stats in Norrköping

Have you been to Norrköping?

Latest Activity in Norrköping