"Sweden's Manchester gone wild!" Top 5 Page for this destination Norrköping by Sjalen
Norrköping Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 193 photos
I have passed Norrköping so many times on my way to my cottage but always on the train. The few times I've gone by car, we have made a break in the more picturesque Söderköping to the south. The only exceptions to this have been two visits to Kolmården Animal Park to the north of the city, as a child. So many times, we have said that we should take our daughter to Kolmården too since we are so close in summer, when we are at the outer inlet to Norrköping harbour in the next province! However, our own cliffs have been too comfortable. We simply had to take it "en route" instead and it took a popular Swedish childrens cartoon character's birthday celebrations to finally decide on this year. Thanks for getting me to Norrköping Bamse! :-) We based ourselves in the city so we could see more than just the animal park and what a delight it was. I could live here! But I guess I have always known that as I have already applied for jobs previously to be near the cottage and as I grew up in an area where a similar dialect is spoken (Västervik) so I've always felt at home in this province.
Norrköping is known for being Sweden's Manchester and although it has gone the same way as the real McCoy and no longer has many factories in action, the old industrial landscape has been kept and is absolutely fantastic. So good that it is a national heritage. Apart from that, most people of course come for Sweden's only dolphin show - come and have a look!
- Pros:friendly, green, archipelago
- Cons:didn't find an Indian restaurant :-)))
- In a nutshell:underestimated seaside and sights
A coffee place set in the old industrial landscape. The indoor part is in the City museum and has nice old vaults and an... more travel advice
The appropriately placed museum of working life always has interesting exhibitions on work of all kinds (so not just... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Norrköping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Norrköping"
- "Sweden's Manchester gone wild!"
- "Safari park via Norrköping"
- "Maybe we must do another visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norrköping
- Hotels in Norrköping
- Transportation in Norrköping
- Nightlife in Norrköping
- Restaurants in Norrköping
- Shopping in Norrköping
- Warnings and Dangers in Norrköping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norrköping
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Norrköping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norrköping
Photos in NorrköpingSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues