Norrtälje Restaurant Tips by Sjalen
Norrtälje Restaurants: 8 reviews and 12 photos
The red house with all the windows...
Furusund's inn has been selected the fifth best restaurant in County Uppland recently and whilst I haven't tried it myself yet, be sure that I will as the location is hard to beat. I have passed it an incredible amount of time by boat as it is right along the famous Furusund shipping line (see tip) so you have lots of shipping to look at while you dine. I am sure too that Astrid Lindgren must have had several meals here as her former summer house can be seen from the inn. In the old Furusund customs house, the atmosphere is historic. The place serves Swedish fish dishes and game along with international meet and whilst it costs a bit, it looks very innovative. Children have their own menu but they are also nice enough to serve half portions of their a la carte to them for those who like their children to try other things than pancakes and burgers.
Address: Strandvägen 2, Furusund
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Right in the Furusund harbour, reached from Norrtälje.
Near the harbour is this cafe with a spacious outdoor seating area, which has a more than usual mix of good lunch sandwiches but also cakes and ice cream, and which prepare smoothies with seasonal flavours. The strawberry one is to die for with fresh Swedish strawberries...
Favorite Dish: Strawberry smoothie :)
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$10
Here at "the Pier", you will find yourself facing the harbour inlet and this means great seaside atmosphere. It is next to the guest harbour too so there will always be boats around you. The place has both lunch and dinners and some evenings there are various gigs and sing-alongs. Click on "bilder" on the link below to see many more pictures.
Favorite Dish: Various fish.
Address: Badstugatan, Gästhamnen 1
Comparison: about average
Directions: Walk through Societetsparken along the water.
The "Old Town Garden" is just that - a garden in the old town. The white wall in the picture hides the outdoor part of a restaurant which looks almost Spanish in its design but the indoor bit is all Swedish. Very cosy on warm summer evenings and adjacent to the restaurant is a deli shop where you can buy local archipelago cheese and meat, Italian delicatessen and other yummy things. I never ate in the restaurant so I cannot recommend anything but I visited the deli and tried delicious goats cheese handed to me by the very friendly staff, so I wished I hadn't already eaten my main meal.
Address: Sjötullsgatan 5
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the northern riverside along the pedestrian shopping street. Not far from the harbour.
More Reviews (15)
Sjalen's Related Pages
Norrtälje Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Roslagen"
- "*** The Countryside ***"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norrtälje
- Hotels in Norrtälje
- Transportation in Norrtälje
- Restaurants in Norrtälje
- Shopping in Norrtälje
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Tarter Hotels
- Siofok Hotels
- Anastasia State Park Hotels
- Isla de La Plata
- Indian Shores Hotels
- Johnson City
Badges & Stats in Norrtälje
- 19 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Norrtälje?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norrtälje
Photos in NorrtäljeSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues