Stockholm Tourist Trap Tips by Sjalen Top 5 Page for this destination
Stockholm Tourist Traps: 58 reviews and 45 photos
These are the set of archipelago islands closest to the city centre and consequently, there are boat trips to them and they are touted as "the place where Stockholmers go". Personally, I don't know anyone who goes there but people take their time to get further out into the archipelago. The islands are very small. The main island has a couple of handicraft shops but nothing you cannot find in town and then there are some average fish restaurants and a childrens theatre and small aquarium out there. You can swim off some of the cliffs but there are more interesting places for that too...As the island is quite small it quickly gets crowded when a boat load arrives.
Unique Suggestions: It's perfectly bearable alright - just not the first place I would go to. Just walk around enjoying all the views of boat life around you. Maybe have a herring sandwich...
Fun Alternatives: Take the time to go to Vaxholm and back.
Does it get tackier than this???
Yes, it is here that you will find that viking replica jewellery or lovely Sami handicraft too, but DO make sure that's what you buy and not the tons of so called Swedish souvenirs found here in the form of tacky t-shirts, trolls and viking figurines with horned helmets. The vikings never HAD horns on their helmets!!! :)))
Unique Suggestions: Leave Västerlånggatan and head for the side alleys and streets with hidden galleries and shops.
More Reviews (164)
- See All St Matteus Church
- See All Bellman
- See All Whisky and reindeer anyone?
- See All My giraffes
- See All Cruise in style
- See All Shopping spree
Sjalen's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 166 Reviews
- 270 Photos
- 994 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gamla Stan - The Old Town- 186 Reviews, 343 Photos
- Vasa Museum- 131 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Stadshuset - City Hall- 115 Reviews, 210 Photos
- Kungliga Slottet - Royal Palace- 94 Reviews, 167 Photos
- Skansen- 110 Reviews, 239 Photos
- Sightseeing Boat Tours- 28 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Storkyrkan - The Great Church- 46 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Södermalm- 36 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Skärgården - Stockholm Archipelago- 22 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Absolut Ice Bar- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Stockholm Things to Do