"Surprising countryside" Tranemo by Sjalen
Tranemo Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 10 photos
Tranemo ("Crane Moss" if you like) is a small municipality in western Sweden, between Borås and the forests of Småland. I have passed it many times on the road to my grandmother's house but never stopped. This time, I ended up in the forests around Tranemo when I visited friends in the Borås area and drove around looking at nice countryside houses. We came across a National Heritage road sign, decided to follow it and what a surprise we got when the forest opened up to meadows full of deer and we found the impressive medieval Torpa Stenhus by a lake which is what this page will mainly be about.
- Pros:off the beaten path, scenic surroundings
- Cons:nothing but countryside to look at
- In a nutshell:A great break between Göteborg and the kingdom of glass.
As Torpa Stenhus itself is full of wonderful ceilings, people around here seem very inspired and there are several... more travel advice
At one time, a Dane was captured and imprisoned at Torpa and then executed. Unfortunately, the castle daughter at the... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Tranemo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surprising countryside"
- "Roots. Tranemo the home of my grand parents"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tranemo
- Transportation in Tranemo
- Nightlife in Tranemo
- Restaurants in Tranemo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tranemo
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Tranemo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tranemo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues