"Typical Swedish countryside town" Värnamo by Sjalen
Värnamo Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 16 photos
No, I have no photos as I never envisaged making a Vaernamo page in 1994, nor during any of my earlier visits :))) But now I'm making one to give those of you who might pass by an idea of what it is like. This is since I've been here quite a few times on stops between childhood Gothenburg and our family cottage in this province.
I have to say this must be one of the most boring destinations in Sweden as towns go. There is nothing going on and not much to see BUT Vaernamo to some extent makes up for this by having a pretty countryside with lots of heritage hidden in various villages. This is why summertime is definately the best time to visit to make sure opening hours allow you to see things. In spring, you might also otherwise be caught up in floods following the snow melting, as there is a river running through town which gets a lot of melting water from the more high level source area. This even leads to road closures now and again after snowy winters.
If you're interested in architecture and/or interior design, DO go here to see the famous 1950s hotel (see hotel tip). The whole area is part of the south Swedish "furniture district" so there is lots to shop in that direction should you bring a trailer or have enough money to ship it home...
If you want to see the full range of what's on offer, go here: http://www.visit-varnamo.com/
- Pros:relaxing countryside, fairly easy to reach
- Cons:quiet town, too much forest for some
- In a nutshell:Lakes and forests
Trains to Vaernamo are surprisingly frequent as the town lies along the Gothenburg to Kalmar "Coast to Coast" line and... more travel advice
A peat bog type of park with low pines and vast wetlands ideal for spotting birds and moose. At times it feels like you... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Värnamo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Typical Swedish countryside town"
- "Värnamo - a nice town in Sweden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Värnamo
- Hotels in Värnamo
- Transportation in Värnamo
- Restaurants in Värnamo
- Shopping in Värnamo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Värnamo
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Värnamo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Värnamo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues