"Masters and motorbikes" Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov by Sjalen
Egeskov Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 350 photos
Egeskov is one of Denmark's top tourist destinations and rightly so. We went to see what all the fuss was about and came back having had a great day out for the entire family. The castle itself is a historic one where the modern count has, like so many others, had to open the property to the public. When doing so, he has decided to show us not only the castle, but a collection of all sorts of things and environments. Some of which he is very interested in himself. This is why you can find everything from the original Superman costume to vintage motorbikes in this place which can easily make up an entire day's visit if you want to see it all or if you have children, since they thrive in the grounds (see travelogue below, apart from all the other sights which they too are interested in). The castle itself is partly open to the public. What you see is a mix of old Danish nobility interiors and hunting trophy's from Africa, but also some very nice architecture.
The only thing we were less pleased about was the fact that the restaurant queues were veeeeery long. Everyone wanted to dine on typical Danish food in the terrace with peacocks strolling around. Those who didn't want to wait (or pay) had brought their own picnics as there is plenty of space for that - some even had white table cloths and the lot on the little tables! That's what we should have done had we had a car I guess...instead, we gave up and had a hot dog meal in the motorbike museum.
- Pros:something for everyone
- Cons:long queues to the restaurant
- In a nutshell:A great day out!
Getting to Egeskov is not the easiest thing in the world by public transport but it can be done as long as you plan it... more travel advice
The castle grounds include a beech maze, and this has to be kept short to survive, which is why a bamboo maze was... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Egeskov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Egeskov - more than a fairy-tale-castle"
- "A world on it's own! Egeskov !!!"
- "Masters and motorbikes"
- "Egeskov Castle and Family Park"
- "Egeskov castle in Kvaerndrup"
- "Egeskov Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egeskov
- Hotels in Egeskov
- Transportation in Egeskov
- Restaurants in Egeskov
- Warnings and Dangers in Egeskov
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mordialloc Hotels
- Negeri Perak
- Fair Hill
- Región Metropolitana de Santiago
- Pass Christian Hotels
- Bursa Ili Hotels
- Isla Holbox
- Frankfurt am Main
- Provincia de La Altagracia
- Southern Province
- Sardis Hotels
- Nathia Gali Hotels
- Central African Republic Hotels
Badges & Stats in Egeskov
- 9 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Egeskov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egeskov
Photos in EgeskovSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues