Copenhagen Sports & Outdoors Tips by Sjalen Top 5 Page for this destination
Copenhagen Sports & Outdoors: 27 reviews and 38 photos
OK, this isn't California or Australia. In fact it isn't even the rest of Denmark with long, deserted beaches like on west Jutland. But nevertheless, Copenhagen beaches exist and are a great way to escape the bustle of a big city. This picture is from Charlottenlund (and also has a pier bath for adults), which is great if you have children as the aquarium is just across the road, but there are other ones both north and south of the city centre. They also often overlook Sweden on the other side of the strait and you see plenty of pleasure boats. Summertime, a small beach has also been constructed every summer at Islands Brygge, almost in the city centre. Some of the beaches have barbecue facilities so you can bring your own coal and food. In 2005, the beach at Amager Strand, just south of the centre, was expanded with the help of architects and city planning, and now has even more facilities than before (see page below) so that is definately an alternative.
Directions: See the travelplanner below and use the names I gave...
Other Contact: www.rejseplanen.dk
Theme: Beach Activities
The two main Copenhagen teams often battle it out in the top of the league and the fans are arch rivals. Why not watch a game yourself and make up your mind? Brøndby IF has been the most successful team in Denmark for several years and plays at Brøndby Stadion 30 outside Copenhagen centre Call 43 22 53 71 for tickets.
FC København which has rapidly established itself as the capital team, plays at Denmark's national stadium Parken (Østerallé 50). Call 35 43 31 31 for information.
Address: Brøndby and Østerbro respectively
Directions: For Brøndby: S-train to Glostrup and then bus, just follow the blue and yellow fans!
For FCK: North west of Sortedams Sø - the top lake near Østerport Station.
Theme: Sports Watching
Bowling is always fun and here at Axelborg Bowling you can combine it with waiting for the night train as you are sooo close to the Central station. Enter through the Piccadilly bar where you pay and order drinks and off you go! As the alley is upstairs as well, you have a view of city street life as you play. DKK 200 for an hour so that's not a lot if you are several. You might have to book in advance if you come in high season and want to play late.
Equipment: Renting of shoes for DKK 10 and you're off!
Address: Axeltorv 3A
Directions: The square just opposite Tivoli's main entrance. Pass Scala and round the left corner as you see the Circus.
From late November onwards you can rent skates and have a go at Kongens Nytorv.
Equipment: Skates can be rented in the portacabin in the square.
Address: Kongens Nytorv
Directions: Metro: Kongens Nytorv. At the seaside end of Strøget, near Nyhavn.
More Reviews (101)
- See All The Lakes
- See All Central and classy
- See All Danish, Danish, Danish
- See All Ven
- See All Tycho Brahe Planetarium
- See All Friendly brewpub
Sjalen's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Langkawi
- Dubai Hotels
- Foz do Iguaçu
- Ekensberg Hotels
- Lake Rotomahana Hotels
- Ballyboughal Hotels
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 105 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 420 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (157)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Copenhagen hotel reviews
- Comfort Hotel Europa
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Andersen Boutique Hotel
- 357 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Ascot Hotel Copenhagen
- 298 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Copenhagen Star Hotel
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Front Hotel Copenhagen
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Bellahoj Youth Hostel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 1, 2010
- Marriott Copenhagen
- 1042 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Wakeup Copenhagen
- 568 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Hotel Copenhagen
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- D'Angleterre Hotel Copenhagen
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Christian IV
- 148 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Hotel Windsor
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Opera Hotel
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Esplanaden
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair
- 629 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Tivoli- 133 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Strøget- 46 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 80 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Nyhavn- 100 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 97 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 70 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 47 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Rundetårn- 54 Reviews, 104 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do