"Windy-ful Copenhagen" Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen by Sjalen
Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,917 reviews and 9,766 photos
I feel priviliged to work here! All my life I have overlooked it as the place where I first changed trains on holidays and then, as an expat Swede, often changed trains or planes between Sweden and Brussels and maybe had a quick look around for a day to do some shopping or go to the Tivoli amusement park. In the last few years, I have finally realised that I want to explore it much more! It has a great waterside location with canals and a harbour which has also recently made me discover how photogenic it is - loads to shoot and often in good weather.
Copenhagen is more expensive to live in than Sweden (I bet you didn't think that?) and eating out can cost a fortune if you're not careful but to solve that, people have opened all sorts of budget establishments. The shopping is great and there is lots to see whatever your interest. Just remember to bring a windproof jacket.
I'm really happy that I was offered a job here from November 2002 and commuting all the way from Sweden every day (since the housing situation is better there and it is closer to my family) is alright once I exit the metro in the morning and am met by the seagulls and bobbing masts of Nyhavn...That last sentence may give you the explanation as to why many of my tips (especially for lunch deals!) are in that area...
- Pros:relaxed, fun, waterfront beauty
- Cons:expensive, impossible housing situation
- In a nutshell:Expensive but relaxed
The lakes are a set of three ponds, created to improve the water situation and drain a marshy area north of the centre.... more travel advice
Countless tourists walk up and down Stroeget to shop and sure, if you've never experienced Scandinavia before, it can be... more travel advice
- See All Danish, Danish, Danish
- See All Tycho Brahe Planetarium
- See All Friendly brewpub
- See All Bring the beer
- See All Water bus
Sjalen's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 105 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 420 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (198)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (157)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues