"Maritime London" Greenwich by Sjalen
Greenwich Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 698 photos
Greenwich may be a part of London in most people's minds but it is still very much its own town with a distinct centre. I really like it out here since I love the sea and Greenwich holds the key to many of Britain's maritime events. Not that the sea is close, just the majestic Thames, but you can sail a long way on that too. Today, Greenwich is therefore where you find the famous World 0 Meridian with its "Greenwich mean time" and the maritime museum full of memories of Nelson and others.
If you don't like boats at all, don't worry. There are plenty of nice pubs and a great park to stroll in as well as some well-known markets. All in all, this is one of the best places for a day out in London and guess what, you can even get here by boat :)))
- Pros:maritime, green, riverside life
- Cons:a tad touristy down by the riverside
- In a nutshell:Rule Britannia!
Sjalen's Related Pages
Greenwich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Greenwich"
- "GREENWICH, ENGLAND"
- "Maritime Greenwich"
- "Greenwich - the Prime Meridian of the World"
- "Green Greenwich, top of the hill, top of the bill"
- "Greenwich, standing in two time zones"
- "GREEN, GREEN, GREEN GREENWICH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenwich
- Hotels in Greenwich
- Transportation in Greenwich
- Nightlife in Greenwich
- Restaurants in Greenwich
- Shopping in Greenwich
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenwich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenwich
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Greenwich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenwich
Photos in GreenwichSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues