"Wine and Rhine" Boppard by Sjalen
Boppard Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 58 photos
The Rhine Gorge with its famous Loreley cliff must surely be one of the most visited places in Germany. Whenever I am in Sweden, newspapers are full of offers for coach trips to the Rhine and the same seems true in the UK. With this in mind, we thought we would avoid the worst tourist rush in July to September and went for an Easter holiday instead. True that nothing had come up from the ground in the vineyards and that the leaves were only just coming on the trees but the weather was great and there were only a few coach loads of tourists around so we had many places to ourselves with the locals!
We decided to base ourselves in Boppard since it is the only town in the area where the railway line has been built away from the riverside so instead, you have great views of the majestic Rhine in town and a riverside promenade. You can read more about our trip on my Bacharach and Rüdesheim pages.
- Pros:riverside walk, less touristy than neighbours
- Cons:not as picturesque as the rest
- In a nutshell:A good base
Go on a Rhine cruise (around April-October). There is nothing like seeing a place from the water and especially not when... more travel advice
Whatever you do, don't miss a boat trip on the Rhine. Bear in mind that because of water levels, the cruise liners and... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Boppard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOPPARD ON THE RHINE"
- "Cruising the Rhein to Boppard"
- "Boppard on the Rhine"
- "The Northern Gateway to the Middle Rhine Valley"
- "boppard - a cute town"
- "Wine and Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boppard
- Hotels in Boppard
- Transportation in Boppard
- Restaurants in Boppard
- Shopping in Boppard
- Warnings and Dangers in Boppard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boppard
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Boppard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boppard
Photos in BoppardSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues