Duisburg Hotel Tips by Sjalen Top 5 Page for this destination
Duisburg Hotels: 184 reviews and 4 photos
I picked this hotel as I knew nothing of Duisburg and its areas and wanted to be reasonably close to the station. Conti turned out to be walking distance and even closer to the city centre which you get to by just following Düsseldorfer Strasse straight up. The hotel is modern (no this picture is of Duisburg in general but check its website below) but still in a nice building. It belongs to the Sorat chain which has many hotels in the eastern part of Germany and where I will now definately stay again when given the chance. The hotel is not at all personal but you still feel at home due to its friendly staff. The basement has a sauna and whirlpool which you can book half an hour in advance for afternoons and early evenings.
The rooms are spacious, quiet and clean and the only thing I can say is perhaps that it got a bit cool one night. Beds are comfy and bathrooms big enough and there is a mini-bar with the usual things. The TV sadly had no telly text and mysteriously turned itself on one morning and most channels were German but also included CNN. There is a small bar in the reception area which is open until 2 a.m. if you feel you need a nightcap. As for breakfast, my love affair with German hotel breakfasts was kept up even if I prefer packaged yoghurts with several flavours rather than helping myself from bowls. There is a good selection of spreads and breakfast also came with what seemed a home made "Rote grütze" and in fact even cold champagne should you want to kick start your day. Coffee was exceptionally nice for being brewed.
Unique Qualities: The friendly and ever smiling reception staff. We had to leave really early in the morning and the receptionist served us all coffee with a smile and a chat and then held our pre-booked taxi for us whilst we finished it off. The only thing the reception could do better is update their selection of maps and "What's on" info.
Address: Düsseldorfer Str. 131-137, Duisburg 47051
Comparison: about average
Directions: At the bottom of Düsseldorfer Strasse, where it meets Mercator Strasse.
More Reviews (19)
Sjalen's Related Pages
Duisburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surprising Ruhrpot"
- "Challenger's Duisburg Pages"
- "Don't diss Duisburg!"
- "Living in Duisburg"
- "Duisburg - Europe's biggest inland port!"
- "Duisburg...where the whales live...."
- "Duisburg - Where the Ruhr kisses the Rhein"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Duisburg
- Hotels in Duisburg
- Transportation in Duisburg
- Nightlife in Duisburg
- Restaurants in Duisburg
- Shopping in Duisburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Duisburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Big Cedar Lodge
- Solana Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Laguardia Airport
- Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)
- Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
- College Inn
- Laketown Wharf Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel
- Mantra Bel Air Resort Apartments
- LTI Dana Beach Resort Hurghada
- Arona Gran Hotel
- The Racha
Badges & Stats in Duisburg
- 20 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Duisburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duisburg
Read real reviews about Duisburg Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues