"Beats Cologne!" Düsseldorf by Sjalen
Düsseldorf Travel Guide: 975 reviews and 2,272 photos
Düsseldorf to me was always the place known for "the longest bar in the world" with all the pubs in its Old Town, and for being somewhere Cologne people don't go. Now I know why, as Cologne pales in comparison (but don't tell my cousin that!). I don't know if it was because Sabsi and Thomas showed us around their hometown or perhaps because the Rhine is more exciting up here and Alt is nicer than Kölsch. Whatever the reason, I just felt much more at ease here and since I only visited for half a day, this page shows only a fraction of what there is to see and do here and as for me, I just have to come back soon and see the city in better weather. Meanwhile, I know whose side I'm on in the constant "battle of the Rhine giants".
- Pros:great nightlife, the relaxed atmosphere of a capital (North Rhine Westphalia's that is).
- Cons:lots of concrete here too
- In a nutshell:A European city
Düsseldorf is known as the "fashion capital of Germany" so there is a lot of potential to spend money here! Sure, Berlin... more travel advice
Walking along the Rhine must be one of my favourite things in the city, and so much more rewarding than in touristy... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Düsseldorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Die längste Theke der Welt and ... My new hometown"
- "Düsseldorf in the Snow"
- "Designer Dusseldorf"
- "Altbier on the Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Düsseldorf
- Hotels in Düsseldorf
- Transportation in Düsseldorf
- Nightlife in Düsseldorf
- Restaurants in Düsseldorf
- Shopping in Düsseldorf
- Warnings and Dangers in Düsseldorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Düsseldorf
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Düsseldorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Düsseldorf
Photos in DüsseldorfSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues