Swakopmund Transportation Tips by DAO Top 5 Page for this destination
Swakopmund Transportation: 8 reviews and 10 photos
The police are almost non-existent in Namibia. Even in Windhoek I saw a few only around the Presidential Palace. I did, however, see lots here. In fact I saw the only ‘Traffic Control’ vehicle right near the beach (pictured). In fact, they had a big, busy office next to the Post Office (also pictured). These guys have a reputation for cracking heads and false imprisonment. I recommend you drive at or below the speed limit here. You can drive 200 kph or as fast as your car will go all over the country except here. They also have a prison here.
Phone: 081 122 4677
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (15)
- See All QUAD BIKE OVER THE DUNES !
- DO NOT DRINK AND DIVE
- See All ELECTRICITY IN NAMIBIA
DAO's Related Pages
Swakopmund Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEST BEACH RESORT IN NAMIBIA"
- "Germany in the Desert"
- "Swakopmund - city at the misty coast of Namibia"
- ""And the weather forecast for today is 14 and 22""
- "A german spot in an african desert"
- "Diary Swakopmund"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swakopmund
- Hotels in Swakopmund
- Transportation in Swakopmund
- Nightlife in Swakopmund
- Restaurants in Swakopmund
- Shopping in Swakopmund
- Warnings and Dangers in Swakopmund
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Swakopmund
- 16 Reviews
- 337 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Swakopmund?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swakopmund
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 390 reviews, 3031 photos, 168 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2309 photos, 240 travelogues
- London Intro, 168 reviews, 847 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 123 reviews, 637 photos, 6 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues