"FLAT, FRIENDLY & FUN" Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana by DAO

Botswana Travel Guide: 750 reviews and 2,769 photos

A SUPER PLACE TO EXPLORE

WANT TO VISIT AFRICA FOR THE FIRST TIME? Botswana has everything you want to see in Africa without the things you don’t. What do I mean? Botswana has great natural beauty and plenty of wild animals you can go and see. It also has the picturesque Kalahari Desert, traditional culture, warm hearted people, modern roads, solid democratic government and a good economy/currency. It does not have crime issues, government disasters or grinding poverty that can sometimes be a real issue when travelling. Botswanans are proud of their country and it’s a great place to explore. Never been to Africa? Try this fantastic country. You won’t be disappointed!

Been to Africa? You love it!

• Last visit to Botswana: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 3, 2009

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Be back to read more soon . Off to South America tomorrow and hope your mailing address is the same as in past.

• DAO's Profile Photo

England

Thanks !!!!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

What a place to visit in your goal to get them all in. The adventure and sites have to be one of your top memories among, maybe 100?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Nice page!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Definitely high on my wish list! So far though I have failed to convince Chris we should go there, so I read VT pages and other info regularly to get my fix and whet my appetite further ;-) Lots of good advice here (especially transport tips) for when I do finally persuade him - for persuade him I will!!

BTW I have to admire your dedication to the VT cause - photographing your wound, and your very stuck car BEFORE getting on with dealing with the emergency ;-)

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Great page. Must be a great part of Africa.

• glo39's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Happy BD my friend! I wonder what exotic place you will celebrate in. Gail

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2011 at 6:22 AM

~ I see you made a great trip to that faraway place...Thanks for sharing!

• leecouk12324's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Informative page - sorry to hear about your mishaps/ accidents. I am being introduced to Botswana through reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - and i believe they have now doen a tv series based out there and a flim - ps did you eat grubs?

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Interesting pages, good tips, so will we be spit roasting a Kudu at the next VT meeting ?

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Bob : your photos and tips are very interesting and helpful Thank you Gracias !!!!!!

DAO

“VT HOTEL CRITIC 2014 ”

Badges & Stats in Botswana

Have you been to Botswana?

Latest Activity in Botswana