"EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe by DAO
Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 901 reviews and 4,144 photos
Kalrsruhe means ‘Karl’s Rest’ in German. Karl was a minor royal and wanted to set up a capital in the area. The first town told him no. So he took all his wealth and built a bigger and better city. Good man. And why did good old Karl need a new city? Well Karl liked to party and his wife didn’t so he built a beautiful Castle, parks, buildings and had sculptures made. He then partied like a wild animal with just about any woman he could. Despite this Karlsruhe is an amazingly peaceful and quiet place today. It is flat and well laid out making it a great place to explore by foot. Parks and paths go on forever.
WELL DONE KARL!
A few hundred years later and JR starts talking to Tillman over numerous beers here in Karlsruhe. They create Virtual Tourist . Good job guys! So how do we celebrate? By having a VT Meeting here in May 2008 that recreates all the excesses of good old Karl and celebrates the best travel website on the planet. The atmosphere was electrifying. We all ate and drank heartily. Despite some drunkenness and missing items from several establishments – no one is actually arrested. Some should have been for crazy dancing . We have the photos if the authorities wish to review them.
WELCOME TO THE FLIP-SIDE OF KARLSRUHE. Someone has to chronicle the different and sometimes hidden aspects of life here. That’s my job. I take you where the Tourist Information Centre doesn’t. Where real people and animals live and party. Come on inside my pages for some excitement, a big beer (or three), and an interesting look at life.
ALL THE BEST,
- Pros:FLAT AND VERY WALKABLE - LOADS OF MUSEUMS
- Cons:NOT CHEAP
- In a nutshell:THE BIRTHPLACE OF VIRTUAL TOURIST
I’m not a vegetarian, but the food in Viva looked great. Add a bright and colourful dinning area, outside tables and a... more travel advice
THEFT FROM VT MEMBERS! Yes. It happened right here in the Panama Club! I kept thinking there was too much fake smoke in... more travel advice
- See All THIS IS AN ELECTRIFYING TIP
- See All FOOSBALL, FUßBALL, OR FUSSBALL
- See All SLIDES IN BARS
- See All THIS PLACE IS A ZOO
- See All WHO IS THE MOST DRUNK?
DAO's Related Pages
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlsruhe - the cradle of VirtualTourist"
- "EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!"
- "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- "VirtualTourist meetings in Karlsruhe"
- "Karlsruhe, a city with many attractions"
- "Euromeet 2008: a Friday in Speyer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlsruhe
- Hotels in Karlsruhe
- Transportation in Karlsruhe
- Nightlife in Karlsruhe
- Restaurants in Karlsruhe
- Shopping in Karlsruhe
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlsruhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe
- 62 Reviews
- 322 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlsruhe
Photos in KarlsruheSee All Photos (322)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 394 reviews, 3252 photos, 193 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 180 reviews, 1043 photos, 23 travelogues
- London Intro, 200 reviews, 1002 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 165 reviews, 772 photos
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 34 reviews, 692 photos, 66 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 34 reviews, 650 photos, 65 travelogues