"EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe by DAO

Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 900 reviews and 4,132 photos

A BEAUTIFUL AND QUIET CITY

Kalrsruhe means ‘Karl’s Rest’ in German. Karl was a minor royal and wanted to set up a capital in the area. The first town told him no. So he took all his wealth and built a bigger and better city. Good man. And why did good old Karl need a new city? Well Karl liked to party and his wife didn’t so he built a beautiful Castle, parks, buildings and had sculptures made. He then partied like a wild animal with just about any woman he could. Despite this Karlsruhe is an amazingly peaceful and quiet place today. It is flat and well laid out making it a great place to explore by foot. Parks and paths go on forever.

WELL DONE KARL!

INVADED BY VT MEMBERS FROM ACCROSS THE WORLD

A few hundred years later and JR starts talking to Tillman over numerous beers here in Karlsruhe. They create Virtual Tourist . Good job guys! So how do we celebrate? By having a VT Meeting here in May 2008 that recreates all the excesses of good old Karl and celebrates the best travel website on the planet. The atmosphere was electrifying. We all ate and drank heartily. Despite some drunkenness and missing items from several establishments – no one is actually arrested. Some should have been for crazy dancing . We have the photos if the authorities wish to review them.

COME ON IN FOR A DRINK !

WELCOME TO THE FLIP-SIDE OF KARLSRUHE. Someone has to chronicle the different and sometimes hidden aspects of life here. That’s my job. I take you where the Tourist Information Centre doesn’t. Where real people and animals live and party. Come on inside my pages for some excitement, a big beer (or three), and an interesting look at life.

ALL THE BEST,

DAO

• Pros:FLAT AND VERY WALKABLE - LOADS OF MUSEUMS
  • Cons:NOT CHEAP
  • In a nutshell:THE BIRTHPLACE OF VIRTUAL TOURIST
  • Last visit to Karlsruhe: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2011

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM

As usual, packed with loads of info DAO. Thank you

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I so much wanted to attend, but could not change my plans. Nice to read about the VTEuro meeting though. Nice tips and photo's ;-)

• glo39's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I left comments on the Gail-the VA pages. I thought you would get the notifications but I guess not. xoxo

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM

very interesting page! thanx

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Very funny page Dao and how did you catch Az and me draped in scarfs haha I like it a lot Also Claus and Ed boy you captured them at their best moments eh Pretty good and funny Dao

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 1:29 PM

OK - so the chimp can stay alive a while longer! Gillybob greetings

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 11:41 AM

had a lot of fun reading your page!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Hi Dao! Really great & entertaining page here :-) I do believe that are hardly any photos of VTers *not* holding a beer? haha! And the cigarette machines? That's a phenomenon all over Germany. Tips read and rated / Jess :-)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Hey, Hey Dao - "Flat and well laid out" does it for me (in whatever word order) - great page and I LOLLed all the way thro it. Cheers, John. PS I have very similar pics of Claus which I will maybe put together somewhere - I luv him!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Did that last sign ever work!

DAO

“NEXT STOP - THE SILK ROAD”

Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe

Have you been to Karlsruhe?

Latest Activity in Karlsruhe