"KATOWICE – WHY ARE YOU HERE AGAIN?" Katowice by DAO
Katowice Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 491 photos
KATOWICE IS A WORKING CITY THAT IS NOT TOO FAR FROM KRAKOW AND HAS PLENTY OF FACILITIES FOR VISITORS. IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE CITY THAT WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HORDES OF VISITORS. DESPITE THIS THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE AND EXCELLENT TRANSPORT LINKS.
Most readers of this page will be coming here to work rather than sightsee. I hope this information helps.
Some of my tips may seem a bit superficial and/or brief. This is because I only stayed here less than 48 hours. KATOWICE IN YOUR POCKET is the ultimate guide for this, or just about any, city. I looked around and took pictures of places and businesses listed in this fantastic guide. I would recommend anyone coming to Katowice read this online and get a free copy at any good hotel in the city when they land. My page on VT is here to help if you are looking here for assistance and also to review the businesses I did see. Infuriately the Katowice Museum was closed during my visit here for example. I can tell you about it, but cannot review it.
Katowice is OK. The people are nice, there are good restaurants, cafés, outdoor drinking & dinning, ‘markets’, nice hotels and great transport. Unfortunately it is a not very pretty ex-Soviet/working/crumbling city. There are some excellent examples of architecture absolutely lost amongst urban sprawl and lack of building controls. If you have to come here for work, it’s much better than it looks at first.
- Pros:THERE ARE HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, ITS EASY TO GET AROUND
- Cons:SIGNIFICANTLY DEPRESSING ON A COLD, DARK DAY
- In a nutshell:IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER AND IT'S OK
Had it not been for their large windows and an observant passer-by – I could have been had my passport burned up in the... more travel advice
DAO's Related Pages
Katowice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "my home town ;-)"
- "Ben-UK's Katowice Page"
- "A night in Katowice (for mistake!) ;-)"
- "My very personal Katowice page"
- "Rainbow's Katowice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Katowice
- Hotels in Katowice
- Transportation in Katowice
- Nightlife in Katowice
- Restaurants in Katowice
- Shopping in Katowice
- Warnings and Dangers in Katowice
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Katowice
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Katowice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katowice
Photos in KatowiceSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 389 reviews, 2953 photos, 159 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2301 photos, 239 travelogues
- London Intro, 153 reviews, 765 photos, 7 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 109 reviews, 568 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (296)
Latest Katowice hotel reviews
- Qubus Hotel Prestige
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Diament Katowice
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Hotel Katowice
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Silesia Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2005
- Hotel Polonia
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2008
- Hotel Kinga
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 26, 2013