"AFRICA - LAND OF HISTORY & FRIENDSHIP" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa by DAO
Africa Travel Guide: 78,429 reviews and 216,934 photos
WELCOME MY FELLOW VT’ER!
WHERE ARE YOU GOING? PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED INFORMATION. ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP. IF I CANNOT ANSWER THE QUESTION I WILL FIND SOMEONE FOR YOU WHO CAN.
It is not always easy. There are always hassles. There are delays that make no sense. Time is, as one guide told me, is expandable. Some people arrive late. Some never show up. Throughout it all, you always find new friends. Africans, if they were a single people, would be known as the friendliest in the world. Sometimes when they have little, they share what little they have. When they have nothing, they always give you their smile and friendship. Africa is a passion for some of us. It’s because we can see past the dust and heat. Besides, when you look at the pictures later you forget the hassles and just see pictures of – friends.
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THIS PAGE:
How do you write tips for a huge and diverse continent with 54 countries in it? Good question. Let’s take restaurants for instance. I have some general tips for you, but then specific ones about great restaurants you should not miss – if you go to that city/country. The tip, of course, will repeat in some form on the country & city page. You may never go there, but at least you will see some of the fine and varied cuisines on offer. You will always eat well in Africa. This is also true of Hotel tips here. The other tips vary a lot and on the ‘Things to Do’ you often have links to that locality so you get a better picture and information if you want to travel there.
Remember: You can save these tips to your ‘Custom Travel Guide’ free here on VT and print up you own guidebook with the pictures! Wow!
Also, please help me to have better pages. If you find a tip I forgot to go back and finish, the information is now wrong and/or they have a new website – please email me! I will change it pronto!
VIRTUAL TOURIST = REAL TRAVELLERS – REAL INFO!
- Pros:A MUST SEE- HISTORY, CULTURE, NATURAL BEAUTY AND FOOD
- Cons:IT'S POOR. LIFE CAN BE HARD FOR LOCALS
- In a nutshell:ALWAYS EXCITING !
The Malindi Guest House is slightly paradoxical. When you first walk in and up the stairs to reception you feel like... more travel advice
Ethiopians are very observant of hygiene, especially when eating. The national dish is Injera with different dishes... more travel advice
- See All CHINESE AT ACCRA AIRPORT
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All CHEAP LOCAL BAR - TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
DAO's Related Pages
Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AFRICA - LAND OF HISTORY & FRIENDSHIP"
- "A continent full of contrasts."
- "Africa, a never ending lovestory !"
- "My private Africa"
- "Africa the oldest Continent"
- "Africa - The Adventure Continent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Africa
- Hotels in Africa
- Transportation in Africa
- Nightlife in Africa
- Restaurants in Africa
- Shopping in Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in Africa
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Africa
- 1,749 Reviews
- 19,414 Photos
- 32 Countries
- 71 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Africa
Videos in AfricaSee All Videos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 390 reviews, 3031 photos, 168 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2309 photos, 240 travelogues
- London Intro, 168 reviews, 847 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 123 reviews, 637 photos, 6 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues