"YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!" Wakefield by DAO
Wakefield Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 113 photos
Yes. It is a little known fact that Las Vegas has 2 parts and the 2nd one is here in West Yorkshire. It is also very hard to prove, but the camera never lies. No, I did not doctor the photo. I don’t know how. If I did I would make my own photos look like a cross between Brad Pit and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Well welcome to Wakey. Not many people come here so you will have to let me know what tips you would like to see. I will happily build you a tip on any restaurants, hotels or sights to see. We have a castle as well. Some Roundheads and Cavaliers messed it up when they got into a fight, but it’s mostly still here.
I honestly don’t spend much time here. Just have a look at my travel map. I also work. I hate that fact. However – it pays for more blue parts on the travel map.
Hiya! Welcome to WAKEY (part 2)! OK, I do not personally know the Queen. She did visit here. Wakefield an old Georgian town that is plagued by modern architecture and politicians. There is some great history here including a chapel on a bridge that is 800 years old, the tallest Cathedral in Yorkshire (1000 years old!) and a castle. We even have a hotel on an island in the middle of a lake. Not bad eh?
We have all the mod cons here. Shopping, restaurants, traffic and the ever present West Yorkshire Police. Do not speed here - ever.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
There is a lot to see right here in Wakefield!
• Wakefield Cathedral (a thousand years old!)
• Chantry Chapel on the Bridge (800 years old!)
• National Coal Mining Museum
• Nostell Priory
• Newmillerdam Country Park
• Sandal Castle
• Pugneys Country Park
• Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Bretton Country Park
• Hemsworth Waterpark and Playworld
• Secker Wood Local Nature Reserve
• Stanley Marsh Nature Reserve
JUST READ MY 'THINGS TO DO', RATE THE TIP AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZE WHEN YOU GET HERE!
(No ratings - no booze. It's in the small print)
- Pros:GREAT HISTORY !
- Cons:MODERN BLIGHT AND KNOCKING DOWN VICTORIAN BUILDINGS
- In a nutshell:IT'S HOME
MORE SOON! Opening Hours: Monday to Friday* 9:00am - 4:30pm Saturday 10:00am to 3:00pm *Wednesday, early closing at... more travel advice
I was driving one night and a small red car in rather poor condition went past me. I then realised it had the following... more travel advice
DAO's Related Pages
Wakefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!"
- "Wonderful Wakefield!"
- "The Administrative Centre for West Yorkshire"
- "Wakefield,The Merrie City"
- "Wakefield's Finest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wakefield
- Hotels in Wakefield
- Nightlife in Wakefield
- Restaurants in Wakefield
- Shopping in Wakefield
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakefield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakefield
- 10 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Wakefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakefield
Photos in WakefieldSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 390 reviews, 3031 photos, 168 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2309 photos, 240 travelogues
- London Intro, 168 reviews, 847 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 123 reviews, 637 photos, 6 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues