"YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!" Wakefield by DAO
Wakefield Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 184 photos
Yes. It is a little known fact that Las Vegas has 2 parts and the 2nd one is here in West Yorkshire. It is also very hard to prove, but the camera never lies. No, I did not doctor the photo. I don’t know how. If I did I would make my own photos look like a cross between Brad Pit and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Well welcome to Wakey. Not many people come here so you will have to let me know what tips you would like to see. I will happily build you a tip on any restaurants, hotels or sights to see. We have a castle as well. Some Roundheads and Cavaliers messed it up when they got into a fight, but it’s mostly still here.
I honestly don’t spend much time here. Just have a look at my travel map. I also work. I hate that fact. However – it pays for more blue parts on the travel map.
Hiya! Welcome to WAKEY (part 2)! OK, I do not personally know the Queen. She did visit here. Wakefield an old Georgian town that is plagued by modern architecture and politicians. There is some great history here including a chapel on a bridge that is 800 years old, the tallest Cathedral in Yorkshire (1000 years old!) and a castle. We even have a hotel on an island in the middle of a lake. Not bad eh?
We have all the mod cons here. Shopping, restaurants, traffic and the ever present West Yorkshire Police. Do not speed here - ever.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
There is a lot to see right here in Wakefield!
• Wakefield Cathedral (a thousand years old!)
• Chantry Chapel on the Bridge (800 years old!)
• National Coal Mining Museum
• Nostell Priory
• Newmillerdam Country Park
• Sandal Castle
• Pugneys Country Park
• Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Bretton Country Park
• Hemsworth Waterpark and Playworld
• Secker Wood Local Nature Reserve
• Stanley Marsh Nature Reserve
JUST READ MY 'THINGS TO DO', RATE THE TIP AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZE WHEN YOU GET HERE!
(No ratings - no booze. It's in the small print)
- Pros:GREAT HISTORY !
- Cons:MODERN BLIGHT AND KNOCKING DOWN VICTORIAN BUILDINGS
- In a nutshell:IT'S HOME
The Delphi Café Restaurant is constantly ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Wakefield on another website. There is a... more travel advice
The answer is – very bad indeed. I was hoping that this Indian restaurant would have nice food. They managed to wreck... more travel advice
DAO's Related Pages
Wakefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!"
- "The Administrative Centre for West Yorkshire"
- "Wonderful Wakefield!"
- "Wakefield,The Merrie City"
- "Wakefield's Finest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wakefield
- Hotels in Wakefield
- Transportation in Wakefield
- Nightlife in Wakefield
- Restaurants in Wakefield
- Shopping in Wakefield
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakefield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakefield
- 14 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (231)
Have you been to Wakefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakefield
Photos in WakefieldSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 427 reviews, 3538 photos, 208 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 396 reviews, 2182 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 272 reviews, 1303 photos
- London Intro, 253 reviews, 1279 photos, 9 travelogues
- England Intro, 232 reviews, 1116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 144 reviews, 698 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 10 reviews, 746 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 38 reviews, 712 photos, 66 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues