Lome Hotel Tips by DAO

Lome Hotels: 270 reviews and 71 photos

IT'S GONE ! - Lome

IT'S GONE !

FERMÉ !!!! (CLOSED): HÔTEL ARISTOS

The Hôtel Aristos is listed is several guidebooks as one of the top hotels for comfort and location in Lomé. Unfortunately those guidebooks are now out of date. The hotel, despite still having its name painted faintly on the top of the building, is no more. It has been turned into upscale apartments and a travel agency.

Sorry.

Address: t was at Rue Aniko Palako

• Written Sep 30, 2012
HÔTEL BELLE VUE - Lome

HÔTEL BELLE VUE

HÔTEL BELLE VUE: THE BETTER CHOICE !

I found the economical oasis of peace after I had paid for inferior accommodation just around the corner. The gardens are dense and shady as you approach. It just seems very lush, tropical and friendly when you enter the courtyard. The thatched roof bar greets you on your left and the very relaxing pool is on your right. The resident parrot next to the pool may – or may not – speak to you. In the courtyard you can have as little or as much sun as you wish with plenty of places to sit, eat, drink and sunbathe. Inside is the well renowned restaurant La Belle Époque. Serving French cuisine inside the hotel dinning room.

The hotel only has 20 rooms, is well presented, well attended and quiet. It really is a small oasis on a sandy lane. With the security for the German Embassy just opposite, you are going to get safety and tranquillity.

With prices starting at 41 Euro ($51) this is a desirable place to stay. I would recommend booking early via their website. I stayed around the corner for 39 Euro (£36) at a vastly inferior hotel. This is a great little hotel.

I did not see the rooms, but they are all en-suite, air-conditioned, have fridges, TV and telephone.

The whole hotel has Wi-Fi which I am guessing was free.

The list their services as (but no prices):

•Airport shuttle
•Private parking
•High speed internet (Wi-Fi)
•Room service
•Laundry

If you don’t stay here, this is a great place to come for a relaxing drink and maybe use their Wi-Fi.

Address: Kodjoviakope area- Lomé, Togo

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Behind the German Embassy

Other Contact: contact@hotel-togo-bellevue.com

Phone: (+228) 22 20 22 40

Website: http://www.hotel-togo-bellevue.com/

• Updated Jun 26, 2012
HÔTEL LE GALION - Lome

HÔTEL LE GALION

HÔTEL LE GALION: NOT SAFE OR CLEAN

I found this place to be a bit concerning. When you first find the place you realise it is in a good area of Cotonou. Entering the courtyard you see a lot of French guys whacking away on their laptops making the most of the free wi-fi. Nice enough bar inside and a reasonable restaurant according to reviews. I was shown my room in the adjacent courtyard and entrance. That’s when I started to realise things were not quite right. The room was well worn, sheets stained, bed not so great and the air-conditioning had a nasty high-pitched amazingly loud whine. The bathroom had a boarded up bath, bizarre shower in terms of spurts of hot water) and a toilet. Not much else. I quickly realised that ANYONE could look over the main courtyard and see displays of wealth – expensive laptops. So anyone walking by can see 1-6 months wages on every table and they can spy on the main courtyard without being seen. They could then walk into my area of the hotel, shut the high gate behind them and not be able to be seen or heard by staff should they wish to break into your room. Of course there is no safe in your room. Yes, it’s cheap by European standards – but about average here.

Supposedly it’s Swiss owned. You would think they would have SOME security arrangements. I had to put a security door bar underneath the door (pictured). When I cam back to the room the live band was playing next door. Someone could have kicked the door down in my annex and no one would have heard a thing.

I have rarely been concerned about security in an African hotel. I have had 2-4 people watching my room, guards with guns and even CCTV in cheap hotels. I have even had a guard who slept behind the one entrance door. Intruders would have had to walk on him after battering a steel door to get in. And that was a $6 a night hotel (in Ethiopia)! I have stayed in some ‘interesting’ and even dangerous places in the world – even in the USA. This was just a stupid arrangement and poor quality accommodation.

No, anyone could walk in of the street and lock the high gate behind them here.

Stupid!

So, bad room, bed, air-conditioning and security. Pay an extra 4500 CFA (6€, $8) and you could stay at the fantastically better L'Hôtel Equateur! click here for review

Unique Qualities:
* Anyone can walk into the hotel from the street. Anyone.
* Dirty

Address: Rue des Chamomiles (Kodjoviakopé)

Comparison: about average

• Updated Jun 26, 2012
Hotel Napoleon Lagune - Lome

Hotel Napoleon Lagune

Hotel Napoleon Lagune: I WISH I HAD STAYED Hotel Napoleon Lagune Review

It’s a long story. I made a reservation with this hotel, then forgot and didn’t stay here. I wish I had! This is a nice hotel and a reasonable price – if you book with them directly. I have their website link below. The hotel is across the bridge and lagoon from the main part of Cotonou. It has an excellent location about 30 feet above the waters edge. There is a nice pedestrian path along the waters edge and the hotel is in a very quiet area. He bar and swimming pool area are very nice and you can sit outside and have a nice drink or a full meal at one of the covered tables. I found the staff fun, lively and very helpful. I really wish I had stayed here.

I reached the hotel for about 300CFA from just about anywhere in Cotonou, including the border.

Considering all you get, this hotel is a real bargain. They have 21 air-conditioned rooms starting at 23,000CFA (35€, $46). Rooms include satellite TV, telephone, free wifi, and a safe. The hotel also has its own generator so no need to worry about power cuts.

The hotel has a nice restaurant and their signature disk is crocodile. They have 2 nice bars, the Blue Lagoon near the pool and Napobeach by the waterside.

With only 21 rooms, you may want to reserve early.

* Scenic and quiet location
* Wonderful staff
* Nice pool, restaurant, bar area
* Nice area to walk around

Address: 01 Rue 20, Bê, Lome, 30228, Togo

• Updated Apr 21, 2012
L'HÔTEL EQUATEUR - Lome

L'HÔTEL EQUATEUR

L'HÔTEL EQUATEUR: THANK YOU

I arrived in Lomé in the middle of the hottest month feeling like I was on the Equator. The end of my journey was a warm welcome in a cool reception and an air conditioned room that was heaven. I love this hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. My room - for the price in Lomé - could not have been better. My room had both air conditioning and a large ceiling fan. This is actually amazingly comfortable and helpful with laundry if used correctly! My bed was just right. Goldilocks would like the room as well. My bathroom was large, spartan, and was just fine. I had a TV with a Satellite box. I never plugged either in. Everything was clean, a little warn, but pure luxury at the end of a very hot day.

My day was so long I did something I have never done - I ate in the Hotel Restaurant. Wow.

The restaurant is a wonderful dinning option in Lomé all by itself. A wonderful open air - thatched rooftop experience. It is also a very chilled out bar and you can relax on one of the lounge chairs on the sun terrace. I had an excellent Salade du Chef and the Antelope. As you do. Delicious. And the friendliest service. This was absolutely affordable heaven a healthy walk into the middle of a very hot and busy city. Yet just far enough away to be quiet, peaceful, secure and one for the best hotels for the money in any African capital city.

If I ever go back to Lomé I will stay here.

Just a few notes:
* Not all motorcycle taxis know the place - make sure they do first
* Its 250-300 CFA from the border on a Taxi Moto
* The road is sand, but that's Lomé! This is actually an upscale neighborhood
* They are not good with answering emails. They speak enough English - telephone ahead
* They only have 11 rooms - telephone ahead!
* They have cheaper rooms - I paid extra for air-conditioning and paid about 22,000 CFA
* If you don't have it - just ask! They forgot soap - not a problem!
* Be nice and patient with these folks and they can do anything including car rental and tours.

* A great nights sleep
* Great value
* Great restaurant

Address: 102 rue Litime, Lome B.P. 538, Togo

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: in the Ocam neighborhood , behind the Hotel de la Paix and near the Ministry of Security

Other Contact: contact@hotelequateur.com

Phone: Tel / Fax: 228/22 21 99 92

Website: http://www.hotelequateur.com/

• Written Apr 12, 2012

DAO

“NEXT STOP - THE SILK ROAD”

Badges & Stats in Lome

Have you been to Lome?

Latest Activity in Lome

Visiting Lome?
Read real reviews about Lome Hotels!