Jambiani Shopping Tips by DAO
Jambiani Shopping: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Cold drinks - very cold
This excellent shop is run by a very nice man who will tell you the story behind all the people pictured on local coins as well as tell you the history of Tanzania and Zanzibar. This is a fabulous store, but unfortunately I forgot the name of it. It is located in the southern end of the village and is well stocked. He has ICE COLD water at very good prices and sell the elusive potato chips. Only 2 stores in the village have Pringles. This one of them.
What to buy: Potato chips - beacuse you can!
Directions: Start of the south third of the village
Theme: Food and Drink
The shop - do not worry, it is open
This is one of about 15 local stores in the village. Before you think I am recommending this shop as the best here, I am not. The man that runs it is very nice and he has an eye for self-promotion. He has the only sign for a shop on the entire beach. He also has the most expensive large bottles of water in Jambiani – 700 shillings. So what is so great about Mbuki? He can make change for even the largest denominations of currency. If you have large notes, many shops simply cannot do business with you. Mbuki can break down the notes if you buy some water and you can carry on. And he is the northernmost store in the village. Like I said, he is nice. He sells basics like washing powder, soap and even sun lotion.
What to buy: Water and change large notes.
More Reviews (29)
- See All SADLY - BURNED DOWN IN 2010
- See All THE TYRE GAME
- See All SCUBA DIVING ON THE EAST COAST
- See All MALARIA KILLS
- See All THERE IS A POST OFFICE IN JAMBIANI !
- See All A GOOD PAIR OF BOOTS!
DAO's Related Pages
Jambiani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jambiani Village - Zanzibar"
- "TRM in Jambiani (Terminal Relaxation Mode)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jambiani
- Hotels in Jambiani
- Transportation in Jambiani
- Nightlife in Jambiani
- Restaurants in Jambiani
- Shopping in Jambiani
- Warnings and Dangers in Jambiani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jambiani
- 31 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Jambiani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jambiani
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 390 reviews, 3031 photos, 168 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2309 photos, 240 travelogues
- London Intro, 168 reviews, 847 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 123 reviews, 637 photos, 6 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues