Jambiani Warnings Or Dangers Tips by DAO
Jambiani Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 5 photos
PLEASE PREPARE! Malaria can sometimes be fatal and at best may make you regret that you survived. Medicines must be taken weeks BEFORE you come here. There are 4 different species of Malaria and humans can get them all from the bite of an infected female Anopheles mosquito. Illness and death from malaria are largely preventable - if you plan ahead.
While you are here you need to use a repellent spray early in the morning and any periods of darkness, especially at night. The Bartender at my beach hotel had Malaria 3 times before he was 25. Do not take chances!
I would suggest you buy repellent with 100% DEET.
The small version
During the rainy season the large lakes that appear in the road take up exactly the entire width of the road. Also they are only located where the vegetation is so dense, that you cannot actually walk along the sides or avoid walking in the water. Take good boots that dry quickly. Get used to it. It is the rainy season and you are going to get wet and stay that way. At least it is always warm!
More Reviews (28)
- See All RELAXING GUESTHOUSE
- See All THE TYRE GAME
- See All SCUBA DIVING ON THE EAST COAST
- See All THERE IS A POST OFFICE IN JAMBIANI !
- See All A GOOD PAIR OF BOOTS!
- See All The coin man
DAO's Related Pages
Jambiani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jambiani Village - Zanzibar"
- "TRM in Jambiani (Terminal Relaxation Mode)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jambiani
- Hotels in Jambiani
- Transportation in Jambiani
- Nightlife in Jambiani
- Restaurants in Jambiani
- Shopping in Jambiani
- Warnings and Dangers in Jambiani
- See All...
Explore the World
- Wailuku Hotels
- Wallowa Lake State Park Hotels
- Croom Hotels
- Paranaque Hotels
- Yunnan Sheng Warnings and Dangers
- Salta Warnings and Dangers
- Sevastopol' Warnings and Dangers
- Vanuatu Warnings and Dangers
- Belgium Warnings and Dangers
- Osaka Warnings and Dangers
- Galápagos Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Harbin Warnings and Dangers
- Ocean Shores Warnings and Dangers
- Texas Warnings and Dangers
- Montgomery Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Jambiani
- 30 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Jambiani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jambiani
Photos in JambianiSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 389 reviews, 2953 photos, 159 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 104 reviews, 2301 photos, 239 travelogues
- London Intro, 153 reviews, 765 photos, 7 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 109 reviews, 568 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 106 reviews, 492 photos, 13 travelogues
Latest Jambiani hotel reviews
- Blue Oyster Hotel
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Coral Rock Hotel
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Shehe Bungalows
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2013
- Mbuyuni Beach Village
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Pakachi Beach Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013