Jambiani Tourist Trap Tips by DAO
Jambiani Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 1 photos
During my stay in the village I met exactly 0 people trying to sell me something. This is a family oriented, conservative Muslim village with fantastic natural beauty. The children play and go to school and the younger adults go to work. Older people talk about life and everyone is happy to see a visitor.
So what is the trap? Every hotel. I was the only tourist that ever got out of a vehicle and/or hotel and actually walked around. I was treated with respect, amazement, gratitude and friendship.
Lay in the sun if you must, but what are you doing in the afternoon? Go for a walk. If you don?t have 20-50 new friends (Rafiki) in an hour, you have not walked enough!
There is no crime, no street sellers, and no beach boys. Just dress respectfully for your walk.
Do not get caught in the hotel trap.
Unique Suggestions: Wear good boots/shoes during the rainy season.
More Reviews (30)
- See All SADLY - BURNED DOWN IN 2010
- See All THE TYRE GAME
- See All SCUBA DIVING ON THE EAST COAST
- See All MALARIA KILLS
- See All THERE IS A POST OFFICE IN JAMBIANI !
- See All A GOOD PAIR OF BOOTS!
DAO's Related Pages
Jambiani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jambiani Village - Zanzibar"
- "TRM in Jambiani (Terminal Relaxation Mode)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jambiani
- Hotels in Jambiani
- Transportation in Jambiani
- Nightlife in Jambiani
- Restaurants in Jambiani
- Shopping in Jambiani
- Warnings and Dangers in Jambiani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jambiani
- 31 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (230)
Have you been to Jambiani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jambiani
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 427 reviews, 3538 photos, 208 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 396 reviews, 2182 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 272 reviews, 1303 photos
- London Intro, 253 reviews, 1279 photos, 9 travelogues
- England Intro, 232 reviews, 1116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 144 reviews, 698 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 10 reviews, 746 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 38 reviews, 712 photos, 66 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues