Zanzibar Town Packing List Tips by DAO Top 5 Page for this destination
Zanzibar Town What to Pack: 3 reviews and 3 photos
MY BOOTS - AFTER ZANZIBAR
A GOOD PAIR OF BOOTS!
Walking around Zanzibar is a fantastic way to see everything, but you get plenty of hazards. Natural ones are the usual rocks, vines, animal droppings, etc. Manmade items like glass and other rubbish make an appearance from time to time. And if that wasn’t enough – the rainy season will make you want those quick dry light hiking boots!
A GOOD BOOK OR TWO
Get a good Guidebook for sure. Sometimes it helps make sense of it all. Also, some local 'guides' are not that adept and you may want a bit more of the story. Bring a few to leave behind. If you can leave anything about the wildlife of Tanzania, fantastic. Many people are too poor to see some of the riches of their own country. They really appreciate “seeing” other parts of the country and the wildlife not native to Zanzibar.
And don't forget. Leave any books you have read in the 'Library' of your hotel for other tourists
More Reviews (48)
- See All THE SHORTEST WAR IN HISTORY
- See All USE THE ATM'S FOR CASH
- See All SMALL AND PERFECT
- See All ON TOP OF THE PORT
- See All THE FINEST BEACHES ARE IN THE EAST
DAO's Related Pages
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STONE TOWN"
- "Zanzibar Town"
- "You have to visit Stone Town"
- "Mji Mkongwe"
- "The Stone Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Town
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town
- Transportation in Zanzibar Town
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Town
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Town
- Shopping in Zanzibar Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Town
- See All...
Explore the World
- College Park Hotels
- West Bank
- Old Moshi
- Strokestown Hotels
- Port Campbell Hotels
- Isla de La Plata Hotels
- De Haan
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Town
- 49 Reviews
- 219 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Town
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of CatherineReichardt's Zanzibar Town travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE PALACE MUSEUM & MAKUSURANI GRAVEYARD"
- Wrote a Review THE SHORTEST WAR IN HISTORY in Zanzibar Town Local Customs
- updated a Zanzibar Town Travel Page "STONE TOWN"
Photos in Zanzibar TownSee All Photos (219)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 385 reviews, 2777 photos, 137 travelogues
- London Intro, 153 reviews, 765 photos, 7 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 11 reviews, 683 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 32 reviews, 605 photos, 58 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 102 reviews, 534 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 39 reviews, 579 photos, 58 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 99 reviews, 500 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 104 reviews, 455 photos, 11 travelogues