"QUIET AND ORDERLY" Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek by DAO
Windhoek Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 849 photos
The climate of Namibia can be harsh and journeys around this beautiful country can be challenging. Windhoek is an oasis of peaceful modernity and convenience. It is a great place to recharge the batteries before setting off for more natural adventures. It has plenty of shopping, restaurants, hotels, parks, historical museums and places of interest. Despite a long list of amenities it still has a small-town laid back atmosphere. It is clean, efficient and easy to park and walk around. All cities should be just like this.
The Government of the City of Windhoek has the following values:
D iversity and Equity
H onesty and Integrity
O pen Communication
E fficient and Effective
They do a good job. The city is well run and their services and websites are excellent.
- Pros:EVERYTHING YOU NEED
- Cons:SOME PROPERTY CRIME
- In a nutshell:THE PLACE TO START YOUR NAMIBIAN ADVENTURE
Namibia is a beautiful country full of unbelievable scenery and friendly people. It is a great place for outdoor and... more travel advice
If you want a good campsite at Sossusvlei (Sesriem campsite) you need to book in Windhoek and/or ahead of time.... more travel advice
- See All EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- See All THE NEED FOR BEER MONEY
- LIZARDS SUNBATHING
- INTERNATIONAL DISCO
- See All PORTUGUESE BARBEQUE
DAO's Related Pages
Windhoek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "QUIET AND ORDERLY"
- "Windhoek - Our own little hill "country""
- "Windhoek, the capital of Namibia"
- "A city that holds a small corner of my heart"
- "Windhoek, Capital of Namibia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windhoek
- Hotels in Windhoek
- Transportation in Windhoek
- Nightlife in Windhoek
- Restaurants in Windhoek
- Shopping in Windhoek
- Warnings and Dangers in Windhoek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Windhoek
- 41 Reviews
- 391 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Windhoek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windhoek
Photos in WindhoekSee All Photos (391)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 394 reviews, 3301 photos, 199 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 180 reviews, 1043 photos, 23 travelogues
- London Intro, 200 reviews, 1002 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 165 reviews, 772 photos
- Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 18 reviews, 712 photos, 82 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 34 reviews, 692 photos, 66 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Togo Intro, 15 reviews, 710 photos, 81 travelogues