"FUEL STOP IN THE KALAHARI" Kang by DAO
Kang Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 21 photos
Welcome to my Kang page. This is a really important place. Why? Because Kang is situated on the Trans Kalahari Highway, halfway between Johannesburg South Africa and Windhoek Namibia. In between is a lot of sand, a lot of hot dusty roads, wild animals in the road and not much else. At the very least you need Kang to stretch your legs, get some more fuel and have an ice cold drink.
There are a handful of hotels here, 2 petrol garages and – yes – lots of sand.
Plan your journey accordingly or you will find yourself staying the night here. There are better areas to stay in terms of wildlife and scenery. If you find yourself here as night is starting to fall though – you will be staying. Driving at night in Botswana is suicidal at best.
Well, at least everything you need is here, even if you need auto repair.
There actually are several hotels in Kang. The Kang Ultra Stop is a petrol garage with air-conditioned rooms, camping,... more travel advice
DAO's Related Pages
Kang Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kang
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (190)
Have you been to Kang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kang
Photos in KangSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 406 reviews, 3417 photos, 206 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 269 reviews, 1546 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 221 reviews, 1109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 185 reviews, 870 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 8 reviews, 736 photos, 90 travelogues
- England Intro, 130 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Togo Intro, 16 reviews, 715 photos, 81 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 18 reviews, 712 photos, 82 travelogues