"CROSSROADS OF CIVILIZATION AND THE MODERN WORLD" Amman by DAO
Amman Travel Guide: 766 reviews and 1,627 photos
Amman is a crazy place of nearly crashing cars, colourful crowds of people and a sprawling dusty landscape. It?s all here and it is one of the few places in the world where a taxi is good value for money and the only practical way around. Amman is the gateway to all of the fabulous Kingdom of Jordan.
- Pros:ANCIENT CAPITAL AND CIVILIZATION
- Cons:DUSTY AND OVERCROWDED
- In a nutshell:LARGE MODERN CITY WITH AN AMAZING HISTORY
The airport is all by itself on the side of the motorway. There is only one hotel nearby (1 km) - this one. Alia Hotel... more travel advice
As you gaze down from Citadel Hill, you will instantly see the ancient Roman Amphitheatre built under Emperor Antoninus... more travel advice
DAO's Related Pages
Amman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amman: the heart of Jordan"
- "Amman عمّان"
- "Back after 8 years"
- "Amman--City of Smile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amman
- Hotels in Amman
- Transportation in Amman
- Nightlife in Amman
- Restaurants in Amman
- Shopping in Amman
- Warnings and Dangers in Amman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amman
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (231)
Have you been to Amman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amman
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 427 reviews, 3538 photos, 208 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 396 reviews, 2182 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 105 reviews, 2314 photos, 240 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 272 reviews, 1303 photos
- London Intro, 253 reviews, 1279 photos, 9 travelogues
- England Intro, 232 reviews, 1116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 144 reviews, 698 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 10 reviews, 746 photos, 90 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 38 reviews, 712 photos, 66 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi Intro, 8 reviews, 731 photos, 86 travelogues