"NAPOLEONIC GRANDEUR" Paris by DAO

Paris Travel Guide: 22,669 reviews and 55,806 photos

I wish i had a digital camera......

Most of my visits to Paris were made before digital cameras were commercially available so I have had to use a few photos from someone else.

First photo by "Eric Rougier/FromParis.com" and "http://www.fromparis.com"

• Pros:THE MOST OVER HYPED CITY IN THE WORLD
  • Cons:LOTS TO SEE !
  • In a nutshell:A MUST DO IN THE TRAVEL WORLD, BUT OVERATED.
  • Last visit to Paris: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2009

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM

For several years now they have been promising to install bicycle lanes on the Champs-Élysées by 2014. I'll be interested in seeing this summer if they have finally done it.
    Also the new mayor has promised to reduce the speed limit all over Paris to 30kph (= 18.641mph).

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Dao, I appreciate your humor. Not so sure Parisians will. I was surprised be the size of the Mona Lisa when I first saw her in person. I thought she was a big woman. On canvas...on canvas. Excusez-moi. ;-)

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Thanks Dao,I already knew some of this,but your page is really informative. Word association--death --is very appropriate. Dorrise

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Thks for your nice comments about Chambord. Just tried to contribute, avoiding to repeat the same tips than others. I really enjoyed reading your HP :) BTW, your local custom tip (France) translation is ... so so :)

• risse73's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Beautiful Eiffel! I hope to see it someday.

• akuratnik's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2006 at 5:26 PM

so people jump from many spots. hell, eiffel tower is symbolic and beautiful enough for anyone to suicide on it. just because some people are dumb enough/depressed enough to do it doesn't mean people shouldn't visit the tower.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 1:24 AM

More people live to see the Eiffel. I think. SL

DAO

“I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow . Frank Zappa”

Badges & Stats in Paris