"SURROUNDED BY AIRPORTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London by DAO

Greater London Travel Guide: 25,369 reviews and 55,389 photos

139 MILLION PEOPLE

LONDON IS SERVED BY 6 AIRPORTS. HERE ARE THEIR PASSENGER NUMBERS FOR THE YEAR 2013:

Heathrow 72,367,054
Gatwick 35,444,206
Stansted 17,852,393
Luton 9,697,944
City 3,379,753
Southend 969,912

NOW THE POPULATION OF THE UK IS 63 MILLION. SO IF YOU LIVE HERE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM - YOU FLY OUT OF A LONDON AIRPORT TWICE A YEAR!

THE LANDING ZONE

TRY THIS EXPERIMENT. GO TO SOMEWHERE LIKE BIG BEN AND LOOK UP. COUNT HOW MANY PLANES YOU CAN SEE IN 2 MINUTES....YEP - LONDON IS ONE GIANT RUNWAY.

NEED INFORMATION ?

I HAVE LIVED, WORKED, AND FLOWN IN AND OUT OF LONDON SINCE 1982. I HAVE ALSO USED THE TRAINS, CARS AND COACHES TO GET HERE AND AROUND. I HAVE STAYED IN OVER 100 HOTELS AND HAD SOME GREAT MEALS.

I HAVE ALSO WANTED TO LEAVE HOTELS (SOME I HAVE) AND I HAVE HAD SOME VERY BAD MEALS.

SO IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE - PLEASE READY MY TIPS AND FEEL FREE TO ASK ME QUESTIONS. HAPPY TO HELP !

• Pros:LOTS TO SEE AND DO
  • Cons:LOTS OF POLLUTION AND CONGESTION
  • In a nutshell:GATEWAY AREA TO THE UK
  • Last visit to Greater London: May 2014
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2014

Travelogues (1)

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Must try the restaurant with the opera singers with the half price deal.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I know a lot of travelers can endure anything and anyplace for a night! I'm not one of them! I appreciate a good hotel, and it certainly sounds like you do too. BTW, I've stayed at the Tavistock Hotel a couple of times myself -- I guess time heals everything because I don't remember it being too bad. I used to love their old huge lobby/drawing/dining room with semi-circular booths for afternoon tea!!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hotels from hell? That's London. At least you got a few upscale ones - imagine what the budget visitors get!! Me, if I can avoid it, I don't stop over in London.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Seems you're not doing too well on the hotel front! Gillybob greetings

DAO Visits Here Frequently!

DAO

“I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow . Frank Zappa”

Badges & Stats in Greater London

• 1,205 Photos

Have you been to Greater London?

Latest Activity in Greater London