"Fran's Vogel State Park Page" Vogel State Park by fa330
Vogel State Park Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 30 photos
Vogel State Park is a beautiful park located in the GA mountains. The park is named after the Vogel family who were in the logging business. The land was donated to the government sometime in the 1930s, and it became a park. The park was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps, FDR's project to get folks back to work after the Depression.
Lake Trahlyta is named after an Indian maiden who is buried nearby. My Grandmother's friend Edith grew up in the area and won the contest to name the lake way back when it was new.
Every summer, for a week, my family gathers here for our annual reunion.
You can rent a paddleboat for 30 minutes or an hour. It's a little work, but worth it! more travel advice
At our family reunion picnic, the kids put on their swimsuits and have a grand old time! more travel advice
Written Aug 24, 2003
Miniature Golf - Stephie's Way
Written Sep 14, 2003
Various pictures from Vogel
fa330's Related Pages
Vogel State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Lake, falls and Blood Mountain"
- "Fran's Vogel State Park Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vogel State Park
- Hotels in Vogel State Park
- Transportation in Vogel State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Vogel State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vogel State Park
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Vogel State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vogel State Park
Photos in Vogel State ParkSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Newnan Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vogel State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Savannah Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pittsburgh Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helen Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yokohama Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pine Mountain Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fort Walton Beach Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue