Karlsruhe Transportation Tips by tini58de Top 5 Page for this destination
Karlsruhe Transportation: 70 reviews and 143 photos
Jugendstil train station in Karlsruhe
Karlsruhe can easily be reached by train from every part of the nation! There are direct trains to Frankfurt Airport (59 minutes!), to Hamburg (about 5 hours), to Munich (about three hours) and other places, too!
The building of the central station is a very interesting one - Jugendstil architecture as its best!
In front of the railwaystation you can catch almost all of the trams - or if you feel like walking: the zoo is right across the street from the railway station!
This is the cutest little airport that I have seen in a real long time - just two counters, a few last minute travel agent booths and a nice cafeteria....
Ryan Air has just started to use this airport near Baden-Baden in 2003 (instead of Strasbourg) and we definitely have benefitted from this!
Cycling in Karlsruhe
Although the Black Forest is near Karlsruhe, the area here is actually totally flat, thus making cycling a real joy! There are kilometers of official cycling routes, lovely alleys leading through the forest and the usual chaotic city routes....
But it is not only possible, it is also very enjoyable to cycle around Karlsruhe!
tram stop in front of the train station
Karlsruhe can easily be reached by train from all parts of the country as well as from Switzerland, France and other countries. The closest airports are Frankfurt and Stuttgart (one hour by train). Karlsruhe has 2 Autobahn(highway)connections.
The public transportation in Karlsruhe is among the best in Germany (and maybe Europe). There are trams and buses that take you everywhere.
There is a 24 hour ticket that you can use within Karlsruhe (Citykarte) or even outside (Regiokarte), that takes you wherever you want to within 24 hours after stamping the ticket.
More Reviews (72)
- See All Free Books in Karlsruhe
- See All homemade soups and more
- See All Helpful links
- See All Oststadt
- See All Händel Festspiele
- See All KSC olé olé
tini58de's Related Pages
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlsruhe - the cradle of VirtualTourist"
- "EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!"
- "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- "VirtualTourist meetings in Karlsruhe"
- "Karlsruhe, a city with many attractions"
- "Euromeet 2008: a Friday in Speyer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlsruhe
- Hotels in Karlsruhe
- Transportation in Karlsruhe
- Nightlife in Karlsruhe
- Restaurants in Karlsruhe
- Shopping in Karlsruhe
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlsruhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe
- 76 Reviews
- 231 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 202 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlsruhe
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are VT members also geocaching?"
- updated a Karlsruhe Travel Page "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- Commented on one of Kaspian's Karlsruhe travelogues
- Wrote a Review Free Books in Karlsruhe in Karlsruhe Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to Karlsruhe
Videos in KarlsruheSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marktplatz- 20 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Weihnachtsmarkt- 7 Reviews, 22 Photos
- City Garden and Zoo- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- The Beer Castle- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Prince-Max-Palace- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- The Palace- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- ZKM - Center for Art and Media Technology- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Pyramid- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Vierordtbad - Karlsruhe's oldest public bath- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Das Fest- 1 Review, 1 Photo
See All Karlsruhe Things to Do