"Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....." Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe by tini58de
Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 902 reviews and 4,147 photos
Karlsruhe is a friendly place, which certainly has a wonderfully mild climate and a fantastic location: it lies on the Rhine plains close to the river itself, nestled between the gentle hills of the Palatinate, the Vosges mountains and the Black Forest.
Karlsruhe combines both easygoing everyday life, culture, sports and, very important: Karlsruhe is home to Germany's two highest courts, the Federal Constitutional Court and the Federal Supreme Court.
Karlsruhe is now undergoing heavy construction - the huge project is called "U-Strab Kombilösung". The trams that are now driving through the pedestrian zone of the Kaiserstrasse will be directed underground - thus leaving the city center of Karlsruhe a real pedestrian zone....
So, whereever you will turn you will see construction works, detours, dirt and hear noise - no real fun really! Plus: one year after they started they already stated that they are already one year behind......
This page is one of the oldest pages in my list, so please bear with me! Whenever time permits or I have some new information, I do update my tips, but not as much as I would want to!
The updated tips can easily be recognized by the bold and bigger font - hopefully soon with all tips!
Thanks for your patience!
- Pros:Excellent location
- Cons:Under construction until at least 2019
If you are travelling and in need of some reading material other than maps and guide books, Karlsruhe is the place to... more travel advice
Karlsruhe was the first city south of Frankfurt to ever have a Singalong - and I was lucky to be in it! It took place in... more travel advice
- See All Oststadt
- See All Händel Festspiele
- See All KSC olé olé
- See All Baden Airpark
- Project against sexual abuse of children
tini58de's Related Pages
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlsruhe - the cradle of VirtualTourist"
- "EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!"
- "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- "VirtualTourist meetings in Karlsruhe"
- "Karlsruhe, a city with many attractions"
- "Euromeet 2008: a Friday in Speyer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlsruhe
- Hotels in Karlsruhe
- Transportation in Karlsruhe
- Nightlife in Karlsruhe
- Restaurants in Karlsruhe
- Shopping in Karlsruhe
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlsruhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe
- 76 Reviews
- 231 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 202 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlsruhe
- Posted in Travel Karlsruhe Forum "Re: getting to the Baden Airpark ..."
- updated a Karlsruhe Travel Page "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- Commented on one of Kaspian's Karlsruhe travelogues
- Wrote a Review Free Books in Karlsruhe in Karlsruhe Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to Karlsruhe
Videos in KarlsruheSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues