"Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....." Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe by tini58de

Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 900 reviews and 4,132 photos

I moved to Karlsruhe in 1996 and I have really learnt to love this city:

Karlsruhe is a friendly place, which certainly has a wonderfully mild climate and a fantastic location: it lies on the Rhine plains close to the river itself, nestled between the gentle hills of the Palatinate, the Vosges mountains and the Black Forest.

Karlsruhe combines both easygoing everyday life, culture, sports and, very important: Karlsruhe is home to Germany's two highest courts, the Federal Constitutional Court and the Federal Supreme Court.

Under Construction - until 2019 (???)

Karlsruhe is now undergoing heavy construction - the huge project is called "U-Strab Kombilösung". The trams that are now driving through the pedestrian zone of the Kaiserstrasse will be directed underground - thus leaving the city center of Karlsruhe a real pedestrian zone....

So, whereever you will turn you will see construction works, detours, dirt and hear noise - no real fun really! Plus: one year after they started they already stated that they are already one year behind......

This page is one of the oldest pages in my list, so please bear with me! Whenever time permits or I have some new information, I do update my tips, but not as much as I would want to!

The updated tips can easily be recognized by the bold and bigger font - hopefully soon with all tips!

Thanks for your patience!

• Pros:Excellent location
  • Cons:Under construction until at least 2019
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2013

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I see you have made some interesting new tips and lots of updates since I last looked at this page. Good work!

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I hope that when they have finished all those tunnels they will really make a pedestrian zone and not use the space for four or six lanes of car traffic.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
      Apr 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

AMEN!!! I do, too!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Tini, fabulous new tips and great updates on your Kalsruhe page. The city has indeed a very active bookcrossing scene. The KSC indeed always needs an update.

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Interesting pages on Karlsruhe, been there twice but in the early 70's. Actually on wednesdays and Sundays i play table tennis with my Karlsruhe buddies. My German friend came here 27yrs ago and has never left the country, as more and more of his friends visited some decided to return and settle down here, now there are 6 resident Karlsrahans!!!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Merry Christmas, old timer VT's are getting scarcer ;-))) will be meeting up with Lubess to cathc up with her visit to your City ;-)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM

You never told me if I needed to bring chocolates over... guess you know I was totally joking! LOL Oh I'm so anxious! :)

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Me again, coming back to look at the updates and new tips that you have added to this page since February 11, 2007. I'll try to make it to the Händel Festival one of these years. It was great to see you again last Friday!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Delightful delux tour here w/you - especially like Durlach. Just found your pages and will be back. Grazie, Carol <(•¿•)>

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM

I had another look at your page and really enjoyed it - looks like we must come back as there is lots to see! hugs Margaret

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Many thanks for all your work, Christine--I had a great time! Cheers, Ed.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Thanks Christine. Someone has to explore the weirder stuff - that's me!

tini58de Lives Here!

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe

Have you been to Karlsruhe?

Videos in Karlsruhe