"Arctic 2005" Top 5 Page for this destination Arctic by tini58de

Arctic Travel Guide: 263 reviews and 553 photos

My very personal Arctic page

In June 2005 I went on a fantastic trip to the Arctic:

we went on a cruise that took us from Aberdeen/Scotland to Fair Isle/Shetlands, Faroe Islands, Jan Mayen all the way to Spitsbergen/Svalbard. Our way back home included a fantastic road/rail trip in Norway, taking us from Tromsoe to Trondheim and on to Oslo.

In this Arctic page I want to share this trip with you and give you an overview.

The chapters will be a little different this time:

I will put up our itinerary on the Things to Do, which will add places like Aberdeen/Scotland or Oslo/Norway to this Arctic page! But since I am presenting the whole trip, that's the way it goes!

The General Tips will include mainly pictures of Flora and Fauna of the Arctic and of course some general information.

Well, and the other tips will be a conglomerate of what we experienced on that trip....

Links

Since this page only gives an overview, I will include many links to sites that have more specific information - and that includes my specific VT pages which I hope you will enjoy as well!

So now: enjoy!!!

• Last visit to Arctic: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Great page Christine!

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 9:42 PM

What a wonderful page ! You had an exiting trip there and a lot of courage .

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Fantastic pics! Such a great experience! I would love to do something like this! Thank you for sharing.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 12:27 PM

A fascinating account of your travels and beautiful photos to match, eg of Vestmannasund. And as for that walrus - stunning!I also like the way you've presented it as a diary - I was really there with you!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Wow, what an exciting trip! Your page is fantastic and reminds me of my own trips to Iceland and Faroes but you went much further North. May be we will consider doing that trip, some day! Thanks for sharing!

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM

Hi Christine - I really enjoyed visiting the Artic on your page. Very different from what I thought it would be - and thanks for the kind comments on my Colorado page. Greetings from Augusta, GA! Marcia

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 3:14 PM

hi! lucky you to reach this place. Amazing photos. As i read your iteniraries seems that i was with this trip too :) .....a sort of envy....Great!

• Sep 6, 2006 at 2:05 PM

These photos are so beautiful (I guess you've been told before :) ) and so are your tips, they took me there! Thanks!

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 7:10 PM

We loved your arctic pages and tips. It looks like it was a great trip. Thank you for sharing it with us.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 12:07 AM

Was für eine fantastische Reise!!Ein Eisbärbaby rutscht Rutschbahn, toll.

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Arctic