"Antarctica - the trip of a lifetime" Antarctica by tini58de

Antarctica Travel Guide: 1,167 reviews and 2,706 photos

I still can't believe I was really there.......

For more than 15 years I have been dreaming about visiting Antarctica -
and in 2003 my dream finally became true:

I went on a fabulous tour along the Chilean fjords, around Cape Hoorn and into Antarctica.

This trip really was THE trip of a lifetime for me and I still can't believe, I was really there.... Looking at the pictures and building this page might help me to realize, that it was not only a film, but reality!

It was truly breathtaking to see the icebergs, penguins (oh, I LOVE them!!!), sea elephants, seals, glaciers and just all of this spectacular landscape.

I do have conflicting feelings, though: on the one hand I would encourage everybody to go there, on the other hand I feel like this part of our earth should be protected and therefore noone should go there...

But I am definitely glad, that I got to see it!

• Pros:unbelievable nature
  • Cons:the more people go, the more it will be in danger
  • In a nutshell:so glad I got to see it!
  • Last visit to Antarctica: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2007

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Port Lockroy evidently opens earlier now. I was there in mid-November, and the gift shop was open.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Wow! Fascinating pages!! Maybe someday...I have to get my head around the seasickness. I had 5 days of it in the Galapagos !!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2008 at 4:39 AM

My husband had a call yesterday from a Russian who was a scientist on the ice when my husband was stationed there in the 60's. Wow! The Old Antarctic Explorers are digging them out one by one.

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 2:15 AM

That looks really fascinating there, must have been a really special experience! Thank you for taking me to a great virtual tour through the Antarctica!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Antarctica is such a great adventure and lovely scenery ! und im moment bin ich noch am Überlegen, auf der Fram gibt es noch Kabinen frei...

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Antartica can still be dangerous. Wasn't it the Nordnorge, which rescued all the passengers from the sunk Explorer?!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Hi Christine, your Antarctica page is a treasure trove of information! We're doing an Antarctica cruise on Dec 10th from Ushuaia and I just can't wait to get there!

• LynCod's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for all the information,wonderful pages & pics too. hoping to book a trip soon.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Your lovely pic of Lemaire Channel looks like a painting.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 2:30 AM

Fantastic page and breathtaking sceneries. I like especially Neumayer, Lemaire and Errera Channel. Nice to see Polish stamp from Antarctica in your passport :-)

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Antarctica

• 0 Countries

Have you been to Antarctica?

Latest Activity in Antarctica