"Finnish Lapland - it felt like home!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lappi by tini58de

Lappi Travel Guide: 722 reviews and 1,591 photos

My friend Helga and I had planned to go up North to see Northern Lights for quite some time - and 2012 seemed to be the ultimate year to do so, but for various reasons we could not travel in March as we had initially intended to do. One night she called me and said that she had read that September was a good time to see them as well - and since September is hubby's and my favorite travel month we booked!!! And the more we read the more we found that September was a great choice - and even if we did not see Northern Lights while in Lapland, I did not regret this decision one second!

• Last visit to Lappi: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2012

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Christine, great page full of useful information. Looks like great accommodation you had at reasonable price

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Nice page with beautiful photos! I have been to Finland, but never as far as Lapland. The landscape is lovely and what a treat to see the reindeer.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM

What a lovely page, thanks for sharing the info and photo's!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
      Jun 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

And thanks for having a look at this page! Glad you enjoyed it!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Great tips and videos from your trip to Lapland! I’m looking forward to seeing you again at the Glühwein meeting in Karlsruhe next Saturday. Sorry I can’t come on Friday evening, but that is when they have scheduled the annual Christmas party of the VHS English teachers here in Frankfurt.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM

This great page gave me a glimpse of this part of the world! Beautiful foliage colors. Love your main pict!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Tini, fantastic new page with brilliant photos. So did you fly with Finair or with Finnair? Interesting fact that you saw more bus stops than buses. I agree with Bernd: The few times I visited Egg-Leo I haven't met any reindeers.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Cute trolls and reindeer fluffies! Nice looking cottage!

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Felt like home ??? Haven't seen rendeers in Egg-Leo so far ;o))))
    Glad you enjoyed it.

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Lappi