"My very personal Katowice page" Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice by tini58de

Katowice Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 476 photos

Everyone who is seeking in depth travel information on this page should move on,
because this is my very personal and very special Katowice page!

I traveled here to visit my Polish "sister" and her family and attend a meeting of bone marrow patients. What an emotional time this was! Being with Karolina and her family was a fantastic experience and participating in a gettogether of hundreds of bone marrow recipients, donors, doctors and family members was very special and intense as well!

We even had time to do some sightseeing, which was interesting, especially since I had always thought that this area did not have any sights to offer! WRONG!! There are old churches, botanical gardens and sanctuaries and some interesting sights related to what the Silesia region is all about: coal mining!

This was the third time that I traveled to Poland, but it was the first time that I did not really go as a tourist, but as a guest and in these three days of this stay I learnt more about Poland and its wonderful people than in all the other times before! Do have a look at my local customs, if you like!

• Pros:Wonderful people!
  • Cons:Industrial city
  • In a nutshell:Go there as a guest, not as a tourist!
  • Last visit to Katowice: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2007

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 3:07 PM

That Silesia dancing looks interesting...I think I just passed Katowice by train....you really do go around when you travel! Norman :)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2008 at 4:46 AM

Wonderful page...envied your seeing the folk performers. Agee about the learning when w/ a native. My time w/ Gosia has been priceless. Hoping for my 5th trip to Poland within the year.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 3:48 AM

My niece stayed with a Polish family and like you she was really impressed by their hospitality.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Gorgous updates here, but why does the progress on this page take so long? VT is waiting for your Katowice page, so please speed up with things. :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Very good update! I hope there will be more to come :))

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Hi nice to hear how your visit went, huge group!, and so fulfilling for you too! lovely photos of the local ladies in their costumes. Thanks for sharing.

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Best regards from Katowice.:)

• elgin99's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 12:41 AM

I'm nosy for following... ;) Great start, Tini! Bin gespannt, was ich hier alles lesen und sehen kann. Liebe Grüße!

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Katowice

Have you been to Katowice?

Latest Activity in Katowice