Rügen Things to Do Tips by tini58de
Rügen Things to Do: 78 reviews and 140 photos
Binz is a nice little town on the east coast of Rügen. It is quite famous for the typical 19th century architecture, the "Bäderarchitektur".
Stroll around a little, have a coffee, and visit the small "International Imaginary Museum", a museum with over 70 duplicates of famous paintings - like van Gogh's "sunflowers" or Caspar David Friedrich's "White Cliffs of Rügen"...
White Cliffs of Rügen
The white cliffs are a spectacular sight! You can walk on top of them as well as enjoy them while looking for shells and amber...
Address: Nationalpark Jasmund
Directions: parking lot Hagen in the northeast of the island
Schloß Granitz/ Rügen
The castle of the Duke of Putbus was built in the 19th century and is quite an impressive sight!
There is a small shuttle train from the parking lot to the castle - it is a most enjoyable ride, too!
lighthouse on Hiddensee
This island just off the coast of Rügen is a MUST see activity: beautiful landscape, no cars, a lovely lighthouse and the best place to go on a bike tour!
One suggestion: since it is very expensive to take bicycles on the ferry, you might as well rent a bike in Hiddensee!
Sellin is famous for the "Seebrücke", that was reopened in 1998. What a sight!
It has restaurants and coffee shops inside, but we enjoyed just looking at it from the beach (which definitely was saving us a good bit of money)!
More Reviews (6)
tini58de's Related Pages
Rügen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Most Northern of Germany - Isle of Rügen"
- "Rügen - Beaches and more"
- "Beautiful Rügen"
- "Isle of Rügen"
- "Rügen & Usedom"
- "Germany's Biggest Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rügen
- Hotels in Rügen
- Transportation in Rügen
- Restaurants in Rügen
- Shopping in Rügen
- Warnings and Dangers in Rügen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Wear Valley Hotels
- Tampoi Hotels
- Gem Beach Hotels
- Binghamton Hotels
Badges & Stats in Rügen
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Rügen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rügen
Photos in RügenSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues